Children should be seen, but not on ships!

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:13 AM

Default Children should be seen, but not on ships!

Margaret

Too bad that the peple who have the bad attitudes also have the bad kids
or we wouldn't witness alltis destruction.

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:15 AM

Patty

It's not easy, but the inflatable life boats are made to be thrown in
the water in the case of an emergency.

Inspector Gadget

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:17 AM
Danni

"CupCaked" wrote in message
No one should have a child in order to put them to work or make them
feel guilty. Both reasons are bad excuses for parenthood.

That theory would disappoint every potential Jewish grandmother. : )

I believe the thing that keeps my 91-year-old grandmother going is the
opportunity to give me "guilt". Without it, there would be nothing to talk
about for the first 10 minutes.

Just kidding, Bubbe. : )

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:25 AM

Rich

The Captain was ****ed and made a plea for passengers to identify the
kids on the video tape, and have them arrested upon return to Miami.

Not the usual Captain's welcome party, but how would you like to be the
people who depended on that life boat in an emergency?

On the Norwegian Majesty the teenagers were competing with each other to
see who could do the most damage, and showing off the cut fire hoses and
burnt property they were responsible for.

It is a Federal crime, punishable by long prison terms to destroy life
saving equipment on any ship. Hopefully there will be rooms in the
prison cell for the parents who buy drinks for their kids,so the kids
will "like" them.

Inspector Gadget

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:29 AM

CX

There is only one thing worse than being old and childless.

That's having children who don't care eough to visit you in that nursing
hime

Good Luck!

Inspector Gadget

Old September 24th, 2003, 02:57 AM
MarkT

I would add old people to this list...every cruise I've been on has had at
least one old person who insisted the cruise have bingo, and wanted all
sorts of perks like sitting with the Captain at dinner.

They always bicker with their spouse about how cold the dining room is and
exhibit terrible table manners like drooling the cold melon soup.

They always want to show you pictures of their grandchildren, they fart in
public and just plain get in the way with their wheelchairs.

I pray that when I get old, somebody will put Inspector Gadget out of my
misery. Glad I'm not on a cruise with him, or I just might see if I could
use him to test both my distance and accuracy at tossing him overboard.

P.S. I sure hope you recognized the tongue-in-cheek, although I'm not sure
Gadget was.

Mark T.
wrote in message

In days gone bye children were practically never seen on cruise ships.

Oddly enough the deluxe smaller ships appear to have more not less of
these young sailors on them. I never though we would see the day that
small luxury ships would be offering kids programs and kids sail free
promotions.

Parents with kids in tow practically always check them in with the kids
program immediately upon boarding and spend the minimum amount of time
with the brats as possible.

I personally enjoy the experience of witnessing all the family bickering
in the dining room, just as if the family was in their own kitchen. It
puts the poor manners of young people into perspective of what they are
taught by their parents. I have seen this year, small children rant and
rave seeking attention, while teenagers, get drunk and destroy the
disco
or throw life boats overboard for entertainment.

Yes I enjoy this experience, knowing that their not my kids and we
haven't missed much by not
having any of our own brats.

Inspector Gadget

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Rich Cacace

That sounds like a great reason to have lots of kids. Don't forget to keep
track on how many times they visit you in the nursing home.

"CX" wrote in message ...
" Yes I enjoy this experience, knowing that their not my kids and we
haven't missed much by not having any of our own brats."

You keep telling yourself that and remember that when you die alone and
unloved in a state run nursing home.

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Rich Cacace

I'd bet that most of the disruptive kids on cruise ships were unplanned from
the way the parents keep track of them. They expect the schools to be
baby-sitters during the day & on vacation expect the ships crew to do
likewise.

"fishman" wrote in message

"CX" wrote in message ...
" Yes I enjoy this experience, knowing that their not my kids and we
haven't missed much by not having any of our own brats."

You keep telling yourself that and remember that when you die alone and
unloved in a state run nursing home.

I applaud people who realize that they are not cut out for parenthood, and
so choose not to bring a child into the world that they are unprepared to
nurture into adulthood. As a teacher in a public high school, I can say
that I wish a lot more people had made that decision!!!!

Chris

Old September 24th, 2003, 04:41 AM
Bare Nookey

Adults need a license to drive an automobile, but not to have children
. . . go figure.

I think the national driving age should be 21. Same age as drinking. I could
never understand why someone under 21 can get behind the wheel of a giant
moving deadly weapon before they are allowed to gamble or vote. Insane.

Nookey
Old September 24th, 2003, 04:49 AM
Bare Nookey

Are there not enough
people in the world already

Some people breed just to suck more from the welfare system. Think about all
the "Children" having children these days. Look at the pop statistics over the
past 50 years and you will be in shock. I moved out of a suburb of a big city
because I could not stand the traffic jams anymore. ALL roads were clogged. A
ride that took 10 minutes back in 1990 now takes 2 hours or more. People breed
like rabbits these days. It's not just limited to the uneducated or immigrant
class anymore.

Nookey