Children threads (ENOUGH ALREADY!

Old September 25th, 2003, 12:27 AM
B.C.

Default Children threads (ENOUGH ALREADY!

I think these threads are toooo much. Isn't anyone going on a cruise anymore or
getting back from one, or have something to share about a cruise. Hey, I love
kids, had two, and 4 grandkids. There is nothing to be done about stopping them
from cruising. I honestly have seen more bad behavior from some adults than
children on cruises.

Please, stop this silly thread and let's get back to some more fun stuff!
Thanks, B.C.

Old September 25th, 2003, 02:22 AM
Bare Nookey

I think these threads are toooo much. Isn't anyone going on a cruise anymore
or
getting back from one, or have something to share about a cruise. Hey, I
love
kids, had two, and 4 grandkids. There is nothing to be done about stopping
them
from cruising. I honestly have seen more bad behavior from some adults than
children on cruises.

Please, stop this silly thread and let's get back to some more fun stuff!
Thanks, B.C.

It's more than one thread and you just started another one! To say that it is
inane is a highly opinionated statement. Some of the above pasted comments you
made may even spark additional responses...you did not remain neutral in your
pleadings. The discussion about children on ships is indeed related to
discussion here as much as if we were talking about the food on ships. Hell,
even if someone said they once saw Bill Clinton spunk someone on a cruise ship,
it still would be relative. Even if it were OT, which it is not, it still makes
for a lively discussion (just look how active this group has been lately). If
you see a subject here that you do not wish to read, then don't read it. If we
said "Enough Already" to this, that and the other thing, there would be nothing
to read or reply to. The children thing will die off when it dies off. It may
even make several returns in the future. Obviously something about the
discussion interests you in one way or the other, otherwise you would not care
about it. Again, if "these threads are toooo much", then don't read or respond
to them...just skip over them and read the "tea and crumpets on the aft deck"
threads. If anyone ever told me to stop talking about something that relates to
cruise ships in a cruise ship forum, I would tell them to go climb their thumb.

Nookey
Do it.
Old September 25th, 2003, 04:01 PM
hfox

It couldn't be more relevant!

Overpopulation is the driving force behind a vast range of problems, not the
least
of which is over-fished and polluted oceans. Many statistically illiterate,
self-congratulating
breeders delude themselves into thinking a little belt-tightening and
conservation will
magically cure deforestation (and the consequent elevated species extinction
rate), resource shortages
(everything from water to space on the freeway) and heinous global infant
mortality
rates.

Ironically reproductive incontinence is rewarded through a suite of
entitlement programs
in the form of tax breaks. The childfree pay more to cover for these
deductions (welfare
under another name). It's not surprising that the overt narcissism of
breeders is getting
transferred to their children. Obesity and poor manners are just two of the
many symptoms
of self-indulgence.

Hopefully we will see more cruises targeted at the childfree. A woman with
a high school
degree has an 8% chance of being childfree. With a two year associate
degree it rises
to 18%. Given an advanced degree a woman has nearly a 30% chance of
remaining
childfree. It's well documented that educated people (who statistically
earn more money) have
fewer children. Cruise lines would be well served to target this market.

There are many parents who have raised their children to be quiet and
polite. A cruise
ship is not the venue in which to hassle these people about ethical issues
involving
the future of the planet (and their children's future). However, I have no
problem
pointing out the selfishness of breeding to those who impose their
ill-mannered children on
my vacation. I find them to be arrogant, shallow and inarticulate.

Old September 25th, 2003, 04:27 PM
Queen of Cruising

On 24 Sep 2003 16:27:41 -0700, B.C. wrote:

Please, stop this silly thread and let's get back to some more fun stuff!

Thank you for contributing to this endless and irrational debate.

plonk.

Imbecile.
Old September 25th, 2003, 04:28 PM
Queen of Cruising

On 25 Sep 2003 01:22:48 GMT, OnNow (Bare Nookey)
wrote:

Hell,
even if someone said they once saw Bill Clinton spunk someone on a cruise ship,
it still would be relative.

"Spunk"?

What the hell is "spunk"?
Old September 25th, 2003, 04:59 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:01:46 GMT, "hfox" wrote:

However, I have no
problem
pointing out the selfishness of breeding to those who impose their
ill-mannered children on
my vacation. I find them to be arrogant, shallow and inarticulate.

You forgot self-centered, egocentric, irresponsible, ill mannered and
stupid as a box of rocks.
Old September 25th, 2003, 10:21 PM
Dick Goldhaber

But the thought remains, do you want "out of control" kids on your cruise?
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old September 26th, 2003, 12:06 AM
Edward Todd

In article ,
"Dick Goldhaber" wrote:

But the thought remains, do you want "out of control" kids on your cruise?
--

Thanks. Someone finally hit the nail on the head.

The point is that it is not ... "YOUR CRUISE".

It is a ship with up to 2600 or so people on board. If you want a nice
quiet "get away from it all" vacation ... you simply can't expect too
much when you decide to vacation in a crowded sardine can.

Of course, you could always charter a yacht. Then you would be able to
decide who goes along and who doesn't.

Edward
Old September 26th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Bare Nookey

Of course, you could always charter a yacht. Then you would be able to
decide who goes along and who doesn't.

Good and bad idea. We chartered private several times (and even considered
buying) and all the charters were under 200 footers but over 120. You try it
and compare it to a 500 foot plus cruise ship (although tonnage plays a big
role) and compare the two when it gets rough out. It also depends on where you
are going (or want to go). Most of the big private charters run upwards of
$150,000 - $250,000 or so a week plus expenses. Not bad if you charter with
four or more other couples. Paul Allen's new vessel looks real nice (not
Tatoosh or Le Grand Bleu) Octopus which is over 400 feet in length and should
be chartering before you know it. Starship was a nice charter back before
Bernie Little was trying to sell her. I saw Roy Speer's new expedition yacht in
Bermuda and she looks ready to go anywhere, except she isn't for charter unless
you are connected to HSN in some way. Oh Well....

Nookey
Old September 26th, 2003, 02:52 AM
Bare Nookey

Thanks. Someone finally hit the nail on the head.

The point is that it is not ... "YOUR CRUISE".

No they didn't. IT IS YOUR CRUISE. Each and every paying passenger is trying to
have their cruise. Rudness of others (the topic at hand is obnoxious children)
destroys "your" cruise. If you are on a cruise and it's not your cruise, who's
is it then? Bozo the clown's?

Nookey