The pathetic, staggering inadequacy of the EVA website

Old January 12th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Greg

Default The pathetic, staggering inadequacy of the EVA website

I couldn't write to the EVA webmaster to tell him what a ridiculously
inept job he's doing, and since their offices are actually _closed_,
like the third-world bannana republic airline they are, this was my
only choice.

All I wanted was to get a fare. That's it. So I tried to use their
website, and it told me I had to download a chinese character
capability before I could get it. I'm accessing the English site,
from North America. Guess what, stupid. MOST DON'T USE CHINESE
CHARACTERS IN NORTH AMERICA!!!! I can see putting them there, but I
can't see making them a requirement for white Anglo Saxons who want to
get a fare.

Then, when I decline their offer of a 34 minute download of Chinese
characters that are as useless to me as their website, it comes back
with an error, over and over again. The error tells me to call the
administrator, but it DOES NOT TELL ME HOW TO DO IT!!! So I go to the
Contacts page, and of course there are no email addresses, and of
course the offices are all closed. Even the office in New York told
me they were closed and that their normal business hours are 8:30
until something or other. It as 9:00 NY time.

I cannot fathom the immense, mind-numbing idiocy that could produce
such a totally useness, infinitely annoying website. The morons at
EVA are all welcome to send me a postcard from hell.
Old January 12th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Nigel

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Greg:

Are you sure you've gone to the correct website i.e. the one with roman
characters rather than Chinese?

http://www.evaair.com/html/global/english/gb_en_home/

I had no problems finding a fare here this morning.

Nigel.