Irish Descent

Old December 18th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Coaltass

Default Irish Descent

Hi Folks,

Recently while reading one of many guide books on Oz, I came across a
reference to the town with the largest ratio of Irish descendants. I
know I was in the section describing the Great Ocean road, but I am
unable to locate the article. Can anybody help?

Denis Lyons in Toronto

Old December 18th, 2003, 01:31 AM
Geodyne

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:36:42 +1000, "Paul O"
wrote:

There could be a lengthy debate over that claim.

Particularly as large parts of that area were also heavily settled by
Scots.

Old December 18th, 2003, 05:19 AM
Coaltass

Well the last time I looked, Scotland was no longer a province of
Ireland, so I don't think that they are part of the equation.

Denis

Old December 18th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Shevardnadse

"Coaltass" wrote in message
Hi Folks,

Recently while reading one of many guide books on Oz, I came across a
reference to the town with the largest ratio of Irish descendants. I
know I was in the section describing the Great Ocean road, but I am
unable to locate the article. Can anybody help?

Possibly Port Fairy.

--
Shevardnadse

Old December 18th, 2003, 10:20 PM
whitehat

Recently while reading one of many guide books on Oz, I came across a
reference to the town with the largest ratio of Irish descendants. I
know I was in the section describing the Great Ocean road, but I am
unable to locate the article. Can anybody help?

Koroit makes that claim. I don't know if it is true.

whitehat
www.whitehat.com.au

Old December 19th, 2003, 09:29 PM
Coaltass

I've managed to find the original reference, this year's Rough Guide.
The town is Koroit which is quite close to Port Fairy.
Thank you all.

Denis in Toronto