Superdome, Sydney, Australia

Old June 23rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Ben Smith

Default Superdome, Sydney, Australia

Hi,

could somebody please tell me the best way to get to the Superdome, in
Sydney, Australia by public transport?.

Finally what is public transport in Sydney like?.

Many Thanks,

Ben Smith
Old June 23rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Geoff Lillico

The Superdome is within the Olympic Park complex and is served by frequent
trains from Lidcome or buses from Strathfield. At weekends there is a direct
train service from Central.

Public transport around Sydney is good and cheap when compared to some major
cities around the world. Details are at
http://www.cityrail.info/
and
http://www.sta.nsw.gov.au/timetable/

--
The Commissioner

www.the-commissioner.com

m...

Old June 24th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Chris Kuan

(Ben Smith) wrote in message om...

could somebody please tell me the best way to get to the Superdome, in
Sydney, Australia by public transport?.

Take a look at
www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au - it also has links to the
NSW transport website. I suspect that from anywhere except immediately
neighbouring suburbs, the train will be most straightforward, although
not necessarily frequent nor cheap.

Public tranport in Sydney is generally OK near the CBD (buses, trains,
light rail, monorail), regressing to worse as one moves to
middle-distance suburbs, and rather dodgy in outlying areas...

--
Chris
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:03 AM
Alan

On 23 Jun 2004 16:30:13 -0700, (Chris Kuan)
wrote:

(Ben Smith) wrote in message om...

could somebody please tell me the best way to get to the Superdome, in
Sydney, Australia by public transport?.

Take a look at
www.sydneyolympicpark.com.au - it also has links to the
NSW transport website. I suspect that from anywhere except immediately
neighbouring suburbs, the train will be most straightforward, although
not necessarily frequent nor cheap.

Public tranport in Sydney is generally OK near the CBD (buses, trains,
light rail, monorail), regressing to worse as one moves to
middle-distance suburbs, and rather dodgy in outlying areas...

Could you clarify "worse" and "dodgy" there? Are you talking about
frequency, safety, security, cleanliness or what?

I travel on the suburban trains whenever I'm in Sydney; compared to most
of the cities I've been in I found it to be an excellent service. It
might be different if I was a commuter, but I don't travel at peak
hours.

For the OP, there are also the ferries:

www.sydneyferries.info
Map:
http://www.sydneyferries.info/common...p/ferrymap.pdf
Timetable, the wharf is "Homebush" aka as "Sydney Olympic Park":
http://www.sydneyferries.info/common...taRiverFTT.pdf

Cheers, Alan
Old June 24th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Ben Smith

Thanks for all the help everyone.

Regards,

Ben Smith
Old June 25th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Chris Kuan

Alan wrote on Thu 24 Jun 2004
11:03:07a

Public tranport in Sydney is generally OK near the CBD (buses, trains,
light rail, monorail), regressing to worse as one moves to
middle-distance suburbs, and rather dodgy in outlying areas...

Could you clarify "worse" and "dodgy" there? Are you talking about
frequency, safety, security, cleanliness or what?

Coverage, mostly :-)

--
Chris
Concatenate for email: mrgazpacho @ hotmail . com
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:21 PM
AlmostBob

Sydney's Public transport is radial from the centre,, the further out of town
you get the further apart the tracks/bus routes are

--

"Alan" wrote in message
| On 23 Jun 2004 16:30:13 -0700, (Chris Kuan)
| wrote:

om...