Embraer?????

Old September 18th, 2003, 10:27 PM
Rojosh

Default Embraer?????

I'll be flying American Airlines from CVG to ORD. The flight is on an
Embraer 140 (ERD whatever that means,) upon return, I will be flying on an
Embraer 145 (ER4 whatever that means, again.) Does anyone know about these
aircrafts? Which seats should I avoid?

Yankee Bob
Flush Bush in 2004

Old September 18th, 2003, 10:28 PM
blib

"Rojosh" wrote in message
I'll be flying American Airlines from CVG to ORD. The flight is on an
Embraer 140 (ERD whatever that means,) upon return, I will be flying on an
Embraer 145 (ER4 whatever that means, again.) Does anyone know about these
aircrafts? Which seats should I avoid?

i take one of those quite often fron SOU to CDG..
They are very cramped planes, but I'm not bothered as the flying time is
only one hour...
In answer to your questions, all seats are equally cramped

Old September 18th, 2003, 10:43 PM
mrtravel

Rojosh wrote:

I'll be flying American Airlines from CVG to ORD. The flight is on an
Embraer 140 (ERD whatever that means,) upon return, I will be flying on an
Embraer 145 (ER4 whatever that means, again.) Does anyone know about these
aircrafts? Which seats should I avoid?

DId you read the original responses?
Embraers are small jets that have one seat on one side of the aisle, and
two seats on the other. If traveling alone, get the single side, unless
there are only a few people on the flight and you can grab 2 seats.
Take the exit row if you want room. On my AA flights this is row 11.

If you have a rollerboard, you will need to check it normally or gate
check it. One word of warning. Gate checking a bag does not give you the
same protection (if lost) as the normal way to check bags at the ticket
counter.

Old September 18th, 2003, 11:11 PM
mrtravel

blib wrote:

"Rojosh" wrote in message

I'll be flying American Airlines from CVG to ORD. The flight is on an
Embraer 140 (ERD whatever that means,) upon return, I will be flying on an
Embraer 145 (ER4 whatever that means, again.) Does anyone know about these
aircrafts? Which seats should I avoid?

i take one of those quite often fron SOU to CDG..
They are very cramped planes, but I'm not bothered as the flying time is
only one hour...
In answer to your questions, all seats are equally cramped

Not true. I notice a subtantially larger amount of space in the exit
row. I also feel less cramped in the single side seat than I would if
sitting next to other people on a larger aircraft.

Old September 19th, 2003, 08:25 AM
mrtravel

AJC wrote:

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 21:43:41 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Rojosh wrote:

I'll be flying American Airlines from CVG to ORD. The flight is on an
Embraer 140 (ERD whatever that means,) upon return, I will be flying on an
Embraer 145 (ER4 whatever that means, again.) Does anyone know about these
aircrafts? Which seats should I avoid?

DId you read the original responses?
Embraers are small jets

Except for the ones that are small props.

Perhaps, but we were talking about the 140 and 145
Both Jets.
From http://www.embraer.com/english/

Roomy 71 cu.ft lavatory (Yeah, "roomy", sure.......)
31” pitch seating arrangement increases passenger comfort (31" = pax
comfort...., yeah sure.......

Old September 19th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Dairenn Lombard

American Eagle's been around for years and flies to, like, a hundred and forty
cities. How come I keep running into people who've never seen RJ-140s and
RJ-145s before? Don't know anything about one? Everytime I get on one to SJC,
I keep overhearing comments like, "Wow, this one's small," "I've never flown on
one of these before." They're all over the NYC-BOS-WAS area! I don't get it.
I realize AA is substituting more routes for one, but, haven't people ever
flown to smaller cities where the only service is Eagle?

--
Dairenn Lombard
Los Angeles, CA - http://www.base-ix.com/~dlombard/

Old September 19th, 2003, 03:45 PM
TMOliver

Dairenn Lombard vented spleen or mostly
mumbled...

American Eagle's been around for years and flies to, like, a hundred
and forty cities. How come I keep running into people who've never
seen RJ-140s and RJ-145s before? Don't know anything about one?
Everytime I get on one to SJC, I keep overhearing comments like, "Wow,
this one's small," "I've never flown on one of these before." They're
all over the NYC-BOS-WAS area! I don't get it.
I realize AA is substituting more routes for one, but, haven't
people ever
flown to smaller cities where the only service is Eagle?

Well, some of us still fly to smaller cities served by one or more carriers
which provide service with "two turning", not having worked up to RJs yet.

Let's face it....RJs are fine. Everyday, corporate execs, professional
golfers and well contributed pols go out to the tarmac to board "executive"
jets of similar or lesser fuselage diameter, although I must admit to
having been on a couple with bigger seats.

TMO
Old September 19th, 2003, 06:43 PM
Manuel Freitas

Dairenn Lombard wrote in message ...
American Eagle's been around for years and flies to, like, a hundred and forty
cities. How come I keep running into people who've never seen RJ-140s and
RJ-145s before? Don't know anything about one? Everytime I get on one to SJC,
I keep overhearing comments like, "Wow, this one's small," "I've never flown on
one of these before." They're all over the NYC-BOS-WAS area! I don't get it.
I realize AA is substituting more routes for one, but, haven't people ever
flown to smaller cities where the only service is Eagle?

I know what they are and I live in Boston but I've never flown in one.
Why?
My suspicion is because I usually take the bus or drive if it's less
than a day's drive and because most of my flights are on United.

- Manuel.
Old September 20th, 2003, 05:56 AM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article m, mrtravel
wrote:

If you have a rollerboard, you will need to check it normally or gate
check it. One word of warning. Gate checking a bag does not give you the
same protection (if lost) as the normal way to check bags at the ticket
counter.

Not having been on one of those since I've been on a cpap, how much space
is there to store stuff? I usually put my cpap in my rollaboard rather
than carrying it in its own case.

--
_Deirdre http://deirdre.net
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
Old September 20th, 2003, 06:25 AM
mrtravel

Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:

In article m, mrtravel
wrote:

If you have a rollerboard, you will need to check it normally or gate
check it. One word of warning. Gate checking a bag does not give you the
same protection (if lost) as the normal way to check bags at the ticket
counter.

Not having been on one of those since I've been on a cpap, how much space
is there to store stuff? I usually put my cpap in my rollaboard rather
than carrying it in its own case.

There will be no room for a rollerboard. A small backpack might fit. My
laptop bag barely fits.