Some questions

Old September 21st, 2003, 05:53 PM
jhegan

Default Some questions

I'm not really new to air travel, but I seem to be flying more often. I've
been a member of delta's FF program for a long time. What I like to do is
buy the coach ticket and upgrade with cash (who doesn't like to be in first
class?) but I've noticed that it's becoming more difficult to do. Does
anyone have a recommendation on which airline still allows upgrades like
this? What is the best FF program and airline to stick with? I fly from DC
to San Diego, sometimes from DC to NY.

Also, I've noticed people selling upgrade certificates on ebay, or rather
"giving" them away with other items. Has anyone used these successfully?

Thanks for any help to the newbie.

Old September 21st, 2003, 07:08 PM
Mike Cordelli

There are rumors that United will be doing so in the near future if they are
not already, and I know that Air Tahiti does it.

Old September 22nd, 2003, 02:23 AM
mrtravel

jhegan wrote:

I'm not really new to air travel, but I seem to be flying more often. I've
been a member of delta's FF program for a long time. What I like to do is
buy the coach ticket and upgrade with cash (who doesn't like to be in first
class?) but I've noticed that it's becoming more difficult to do. Does
anyone have a recommendation on which airline still allows upgrades like
this? What is the best FF program and airline to stick with? I fly from DC
to San Diego, sometimes from DC to NY.

The best FF program is the one that is on an airline that meets you
requirement for flights to where you want to go. For me, it is simple.
I fly at least 24 round trips a year from SJC-SNA. Only 2 carriers serve
this route. One is has service outside of teh US, one isn't. One gives
seat assignments, one doesn't. One has first class, one doesn't.

Also, I've noticed people selling upgrade certificates on ebay, or rather
"giving" them away with other items. Has anyone used these successfully?

Who knows? It violated the rules of the airlines, you might be stuck
with them.