European mafia tourism

Old March 24th, 2009, 09:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default European mafia tourism

Reading about anti-mafia protests in Italy prompted me to wonder:

What would a tourist have to do to come into obvious contact with
organized crime, anywhere in Europe? What businesses do they run
where their presence is unmistakable, and which you'd deal with as
a visitor?

Taxis in Glasgow, maybe? I've had a Glasgow cabdriver threaten
to knife me and they've done a lot worse, but even there it wasn't
obvious at the time thet I might have been dealing with more than
an individual psycho.

Catholic churches all over Europe are propped up by mafia money,
but you aren't likely to walk in and find them saying mass for a
victim of a turf war.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk ====
Old March 24th, 2009, 10:33 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gregory Morrow[_126_]

Jack Campin - bogus address wrote:

Reading about anti-mafia protests in Italy prompted me to wonder:

What would a tourist have to do to come into obvious contact with
organized crime, anywhere in Europe? What businesses do they run
where their presence is unmistakable, and which you'd deal with as
a visitor?

Tobaccoists in Albania...???

Pretty much any business in Russia...???

Whores in Volendam...???

--
Best
Greg

Old March 25th, 2009, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Thermic Lance

On Mar 24, 10:17*pm, Jack Campin - bogus address
wrote:
Reading about anti-mafia protests in Italy prompted me to wonder:

What would a tourist have to do to come into obvious contact with
organized crime, anywhere in Europe? *What businesses do they run
where their presence is unmistakable, and which you'd deal with as
a visitor?

Taxis in Glasgow, maybe? *I've had a Glasgow cabdriver threaten
to knife me and they've done a lot worse, but even there it wasn't
obvious at the time thet I might have been dealing with more than
an individual psycho.

Catholic churches all over Europe are propped up by mafia money,
but you aren't likely to walk in and find them saying mass for a
victim of a turf war.

==== j a c k *at *c a m p i n . m e . u k *=== *http://www.campin.me.uk ====
CD-ROMs and free stuff: *Scottish music, food intolerance, and Mac logic fonts

read Gomorra
Old March 25th, 2009, 08:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge14[_2_]

Yawn.

"Jack Campin - bogus address" a écrit dans le
message de ...
Reading about anti-mafia protests in Italy prompted me to wonder:

What would a tourist have to do to come into obvious contact with
organized crime, anywhere in Europe? What businesses do they run
where their presence is unmistakable, and which you'd deal with as
a visitor?

Taxis in Glasgow, maybe? I've had a Glasgow cabdriver threaten
to knife me and they've done a lot worse, but even there it wasn't
obvious at the time thet I might have been dealing with more than
an individual psycho.

Catholic churches all over Europe are propped up by mafia money,
but you aren't likely to walk in and find them saying mass for a
victim of a turf war.

==== j a c k at c a m p i n . m e . u k === http://www.campin.me.uk
====
Jack Campin, 11 Third St, Newtongrange EH22 4PU, Scotland == mob 07800 739
557