Day Use Gyms in Paris?

Old June 12th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Javaughn

Default Day Use Gyms in Paris?

We will be touring Europe for a few weeks, but will only be in Paris a few
days. I am looking for a fitness facility with weights as close to the
Montparnasse area as possible. The hotel room will be too tiny to attempt
an kind of exercise there and there is not fitness facility in the hotel.
The hotel said every gym nearby requires at least a 1 year membership
contract for use. They said we could take a 20 minute metro ride to the
Aquaboulevard facility and pay by the day there, but didn't know the cost.
How is Aquaboulevard and does anyone have better options that may be more
near the Montparnasse area?

Old June 12th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Mxsmanic

Javaughn writes:

We will be touring Europe for a few weeks, but will only be in Paris a few
days. I am looking for a fitness facility with weights as close to the
Montparnasse area as possible. The hotel room will be too tiny to attempt
an kind of exercise there and there is not fitness facility in the hotel.
The hotel said every gym nearby requires at least a 1 year membership
contract for use. They said we could take a 20 minute metro ride to the
Aquaboulevard facility and pay by the day there, but didn't know the cost.
How is Aquaboulevard and does anyone have better options that may be more
near the Montparnasse area?

You can't go for a few days without a fitness facility?

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:00 PM
BruceB

"Javaughn" wrote in message
We will be touring Europe for a few weeks, but will only be in Paris a few
days. I am looking for a fitness facility with weights as close to the
Montparnasse area as possible. The hotel room will be too tiny to attempt
an kind of exercise there and there is not fitness facility in the hotel.
The hotel said every gym nearby requires at least a 1 year membership
contract for use. They said we could take a 20 minute metro ride to the
Aquaboulevard facility and pay by the day there, but didn't know the cost.
How is Aquaboulevard and does anyone have better options that may be more
near the Montparnasse area?

Is there a compulsive disorder cooking in there somewhere?. Relax..

When I was your age (I assume you're a bit younger than I am), I used to get
lots of exercise in hotel rooms. Use your imagination.. Or change
travelling companions..

Old June 12th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Dave Smith

Mxsmanic wrote:

t.
How is Aquaboulevard and does anyone have better options that may be more
near the Montparnasse area?

You can't go for a few days without a fitness facility?

I usually find that I do a lot of walking on vacation, but there are aspects of
my fitness routine that I would miss. I figure I could do the enough walking to
keep fit without the usually facilities, but since I do 1000m along with my
weight routine and 1500 on the days in between I would really miss the
swimming, and I confess that if I were away from it for 2-3 weeks I might lose
interest keeping up that part of the regimen.

Old June 12th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Patrick Wallace

I've seen an online review of gyms in Paris that describes the Espace
Vit les Halles as popular with visiting Americans, implying it has
short term users. It would be about 20 minutes (at most) from
Montparnasse by metro.

Old June 12th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Mxsmanic

Runge writes:

Is that your problem ??

No.

Why cant all the evleth family afficionados simply answer travel questions
instead of commenting sur tout ou rien or
drivelling about divamanques oldest memories ???

What are evleth family afficionados?

If you believe it is important to answer travel questions, why haven't
you answered this one?

Old June 12th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Mxsmanic

Dave Smith writes:

I usually find that I do a lot of walking on vacation, but there are aspects of
my fitness routine that I would miss. I figure I could do the enough walking to
keep fit without the usually facilities, but since I do 1000m along with my
weight routine and 1500 on the days in between I would really miss the
swimming, and I confess that if I were away from it for 2-3 weeks I might lose
interest keeping up that part of the regimen.

When I take clients through Paris, we routinely clock 15 miles or so of
walking. That should be enough fitness for anyone, especially for only
a few days.

This reminds me a bit of people who come to Paris and spend their whole
time here in their hotel rooms watching CNN to "keep up."