Day Use Gyms in Paris?

Old June 13th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Mxsmanic

Dave Smith writes:

So now we are up to 32 km (about 20 miles ) in a day?

I believe that's the most I've done with clients. I don't check the
pedometer with every single client, though, so this total may have been
exceeded on some occasions. I know that the record was about 45,000
steps in one day, which corresponds to roughly 32 km with my measured
stride of 70 cm. I've encountered many pedometers that fail to count
every step, but none that count more steps than I've taken. The current
one is quite accurate, based on the test runs I've made.

We had better put on our boots and roll up our pants
because the sh*t is getting deep.

Why do you say that?

In the days when I had more free time, 15 km per day was routine just
for my own strolls. Over my entire time in Paris, I estimate that I've
walked a bit under 38,000 km. I've gone through a great many pairs of
hiking boots, which seem to be good for about 3500-5000 km.

This weekend I covered a bit over 26.5 km, although that was over three
days (most of it on Sunday).

Old June 13th, 2005, 06:08 AM
JuanElorza

Mxsmanic wrote:

Runge writes:

Is that your problem ??

No.

Why cant all the evleth family afficionados simply answer travel questions
instead of commenting sur tout ou rien or
drivelling about divamanques oldest memories ???

What are evleth family afficionados?

If you believe it is important to answer travel questions, why haven't
you answered this one?

He really provided some sensible answers, doesn't he ?
Old June 13th, 2005, 06:17 AM
JuanElorza

Javaughn wrote:

We will be touring Europe for a few weeks, but will only be in Paris a few
days. I am looking for a fitness facility with weights as close to the
Montparnasse area as possible. The hotel room will be too tiny to attempt
an kind of exercise there and there is not fitness facility in the hotel.
The hotel said every gym nearby requires at least a 1 year membership
contract for use. They said we could take a 20 minute metro ride to the
Aquaboulevard facility and pay by the day there, but didn't know the cost.
How is Aquaboulevard and does anyone have better options that may be more
near the Montparnasse area?

found this one near montparnasse. 32€/day
Club Med Gym
208 rue de Vaugirard
75015 Paris
tél : 01 47 83 99 45
http://www.clubmedgym.com/
L'ENTRÉE WAOU CLUB MED GYM : 32 €. Pour profitez le temps d'une journée
de toutes les activités.

Old June 13th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Ronald Hands

Dave Smith wrote:

So now we are up to 32 km (about 20 miles ) in a day? We had better put on
our boots and roll up our pants because the sh*t is getting deep.

My wife and I were in Paris for a week last fall. I took a pedometer
along, and as I recall we clocked about 85 km for the six-day week,
including one 20 km day. We're both in our mid-70s.
It just seems natural to walk in Paris. Our hotel was near the
Eiffel Tower and we would quite often go out for a stroll around the
tower and the Champs des Mars in the evening after spending the day
traipsing around museums, the Metro, etc.
IOW, for someone who's young and fit, I don't think a 15 or 20 mile
day would present too much of a challenge.

-- Ron
Old June 13th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Earl Evleth

On 13/06/05 15:37, in article
, "Ronald Hands"
wrote:

My wife and I were in Paris for a week last fall. I took a pedometer
along, and as I recall we clocked about 85 km for the six-day week,
including one 20 km day. We're both in our mid-70s.
It just seems natural to walk in Paris. Our hotel was near the
Eiffel Tower and we would quite often go out for a stroll around the
tower and the Champs des Mars in the evening after spending the day
traipsing around museums, the Metro, etc.
IOW, for someone who's young and fit, I don't think a 15 or 20 mile
day would present too much of a challenge.

Just doing daily chores in our Parisian neigbhorhood I put on 4-5 km, 5 to 8
requires a little more walking. 20 is pretty exceptional however.

Earl

Old June 13th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Dave Smith

Ronald Hands wrote:

My wife and I were in Paris for a week last fall. I took a pedometer
along, and as I recall we clocked about 85 km for the six-day week,
including one 20 km day. We're both in our mid-70s.
It just seems natural to walk in Paris. Our hotel was near the
Eiffel Tower and we would quite often go out for a stroll around the
tower and the Champs des Mars in the evening after spending the day
traipsing around museums, the Metro, etc.
IOW, for someone who's young and fit, I don't think a 15 or 20 mile
day would present too much of a challenge.

Paris is a great city in which to walk around, and I have no problem accepting
that a person who is quite fit could get in 15-20 miles in day. I know I sure
walked a lot when I was there. But what I was objecting to was his claim that he
routinely takes his clients 15 miles. If he had suggested that he occasionally
walked them that far I might have believed it. And then he bounced the number
even higher.

You should have been there with my sister in law. Walking with her by all those
shops was like walking a make dog through the woods. You'd be lucky to get two
miles in a day. :-)

Old June 13th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Runge

No just what I think
I don't like bossing around people
Satisfied?
Now lets get back to the latest evleth topic

"Mxsmanic" a écrit dans le message de news:
Runge writes:

Never mind what it reminds you

Is that an order?

Old June 14th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Mxsmanic

Dave Smith writes:

Paris is a great city in which to walk around, and I have no problem accepting
that a person who is quite fit could get in 15-20 miles in day. I know I sure
walked a lot when I was there. But what I was objecting to was his claim that he
routinely takes his clients 15 miles.

I measure the distance with a pedometer, so I have very accurate
figures.

Old June 14th, 2005, 05:47 AM
poldy

In article ,
JuanElorza wrote:

Javaughn wrote:

[...]

You're very helpful but do you work for the Paris tourism office?