Paris temperatures next few days

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:03 AM
jcoulter

Alan S wrote in
:

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 19:35:44 -0500, jcoulter
wrote:

Alan I spent a week in Sydney one June, it rained and was incredibly
cold (OK so I came from Vietnam and anywhere would be cold in
comparison) "Winter weather there does have something to say for

itself,
but really if you hear that it is 18-20 C in Paris you owe it to
yourself to get ont he first flight out of OZ

I'll be there next year. Incidentally, Sydney is 900km south
of here. Like comparing Paris with Copenhagen.

Cheers, Alan, Australia

Hell when it is 20 in CPH it is worth the trip ;=)

And you must be in what Brisbane, where it is sort of like Florida where
25-30 sometimes sounds good

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Gregory Morrow

Claim Guy wrote:

Seriously, who cares about posted temperatures for Paris?

Is someone going to change their vacation plans over this?
There must be something more interesting to post.

I dunno...enquires concerning weather are a constant topic on this group.
Paris is in Europe after all, so...

Claim Guy quite frankly I have a sneeking suspicion that you are something
of a misanthrope.

--
Best
Greg

Old June 14th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Gregory Morrow

Earl Evleth wrote:

I prefer the 31°. That is nice weather. I note
the difference since our dog will start panting
a bit at 31°C.

We will have to get Mixi a swamp cooler...

--
Best
Greg

Old June 14th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Alan S

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:03:51 -0500, jcoulter
wrote:

Hell when it is 20 in CPH it is worth the trip ;=)

And you must be in what Brisbane, where it is sort of like Florida where
25-30 sometimes sounds good

Just south of Brisbane. Look at a map of Oz showing state
boundaries. Follow the NSW/Qld border until you reach the
coast. I'm 20km south of that. We are near the 28th parallel
South. To put that in context, Marrakesh is on the 28th
North and Paris is on the 49th. Miami is about the 26th.

Sydney is 892 km further south, and Melbourne (38th) is a
similar distance further south again.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:19 AM
Earl Evleth

On 13/06/05 23:41, in article ,
"Runge" wrote:

Lol these messages are getting more stupid by the day
Next we'll get his body temperature

"Earl Evleth" a écrit dans le message de news:

Warming trend, finally.

Sunny and highs of ---

Monday 22
Tuesday 22
Wednesday 24
Thursday 24

Grunge is a reactionary poster! He'd attack Christmas.

Old June 14th, 2005, 07:45 AM
Earl Evleth

On 13/06/05 17:37, in article
s.net, "Miss L. Toe"
wrote:

Central Bretagne had a fairly well developed resistance movement both
the British and Americans parachuted in people to help organize
the fighting period preparative to the Americans arriving.

Americans arriving where ???

With Patton's break out in August of `45, part of the American army went
south and swept into the Brittany and liberated it, the other part went East
towards Paris. This closed off the German troops who in fact were told to
hold the Atlantic ports anyway to prevent Allied use. The British and
Americans prepared for this by sending in teams to help the resistance
a couple of months before the arrival, including, some glider arrivals
of jeeps. Few resistance campaigns in France are of military history
interest but this one was and also the coordination of various groups
in the Auvergne and the battle at Mont-Mouchet. It nearly ended in
disaster but nothing matched the disaster at Vercors (late July 44) where
600 members of the resistance died due to a coordinated attack by
15,000 Germans with the loss of about 100 Germans. About 230 resistants
were killed at Mont-Mouchet but most escaped. The coordination
with the allied advance guards and French resistance was much
better in Bretagne and militarily logical.

Old June 14th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Mike O'Sullivan

Earl Evleth wrote:

I prefer the 31°. That is nice weather.

Not for me. My comfort zone is situated between 20C to 22C.
Old June 14th, 2005, 08:42 AM
a.spencer3

"Terry Richards" wrote in message
You will be pleased to know that we currently have a drought and my

tomatoes
are wilting

Then water them ...........

Surreyman
Hundreds of trivia quizzes on history, travel, geography on
http://www.sploofus.com/?ref=surreyman

Old June 14th, 2005, 08:43 AM
Alan S

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:19:40 +0200, Earl Evleth
wrote:

Grunge is a reactionary poster! He'd attack Christmas.

I have that Freburg tape:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia