Singles cruises

Old September 22nd, 2003, 07:55 PM
Kenneth Garman

Default Singles cruises

I am 29/male, trying to find good vacations where I can meet other
singles. I've heard about some singles cruises next spring out of New
Orleans on Carnival cruise lines.

My concern, though, is that I will go on this 7 day cruise by myself,
and find that the singles group is small, or not in my age range, or
has a poor male to female ratio.

Has anyone done one of these before? If so, was your experience
positive?
Old September 23rd, 2003, 12:55 AM
Thomas Smith

Check out www.singlescruise.com. I've cruised with them three times, and
have a fourth cruise booked. There is one cruise planned for New Orleans in
late February in conjunction with Mardi Gras. They will more than likely
have over 300 people booked on this cruise. I am booked on this year's
Halloween singles cruise, and we are anticipating over 500 in that group.
The age range is all over the map, with plenty of mid 20s to mid 60s. There
are no guarantees on the M/F ratio, but it is usually close to even. I've
had an excellent time with this group. I heard last year that the Captain
of the Carnival Conquest sent the travel agent a letter saying that the
group was great to work with and if they would re-book soon.

Hope this helps.

Tom Smith

om...

Old September 23rd, 2003, 01:26 AM
Andy P. Jung

"Kenneth Garman" wrote in message
om...
I am 29/male, trying to find good vacations where I can meet other
singles. I've heard about some singles cruises next spring out of New
Orleans on Carnival cruise lines.

My concern, though, is that I will go on this 7 day cruise by myself,
and find that the singles group is small, or not in my age range, or
has a poor male to female ratio.

Has anyone done one of these before? If so, was your experience
positive?

I booked a cabin for myself on a recent 4 day cruise on Carnival Holiday but
many friends were on the cruise.
http://public.fotki.com/apjung/vacat...nival_holiday/

Keep checking at http://www.cheeweez.com/ because next year (presumably
sometime in August) they are planning on going on a 7 day cruise on Carnival
Conquest out of New Orleans.

--
Andy P. Jung
Metairie, Louisiana U.S.A.

To reply via e-mail, please visit my web site.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 07:02 PM
Kenneth Garman

Tom,

This is exactly the group I am considering going with, probably the
Mardi Gras cruise. What you say is reassuring... I had some fears
that it would mostly be older males in attendance. Did you meet
anyone promising? Did you go alone? Were people from all over the
country, or mostly within a few hundred miles of the departure
terminal?

Old September 24th, 2003, 07:22 AM
Thomas Smith

The cruisers tend to be from all over the country, especially on the holiday
cruises. She does some seasonal cruises that are more likely to attract
more regional followings, such as a spring cruise to the Mexican Riviera
which attracts a lot of Californians, but I've noticed she gets lots of
cruisers from Washington, DC, New York, New England, Las Vegas, Los Angeles,
Sacramento, and the Pacific Northwest, as well as a scattering from almost
every state in the Union, and even some Canadians sneak across the boarder
to cruise. I have met many people I call friends. I just got back from a
cruise pre-party in Las Vegas where I met some old cruisers and some new
ones, too. While I haven't met anyone significant (yet), I have heard of
stories where couples have met on board and gotten married (not right on the
ship of course). She makes roommate arrangements if you wish to shave some
costs, although there are some risks, which are obvious.

Another site you may wish to check out is
www.cruisemates.com/articles/single/. There are articles there from Pat
Hagan who has also cruised with this group before. She has some reviews of
cruises she has taken with this group and also some advice, too. I hope you
enjoy this.

Old September 24th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Diane Giambalvo

My concern, though, is that I will go on this 7 day cruise by myself,
and find that the singles group is small, or not in my age range, or
has a poor male to female

When I was on a Spring break cruise on Princess, we had 3 young single school
teachers on our table. There problem was no eligible males, all married or
teens.
Diane Giambalvo
Travel Consultant
GalaxSea Cruises And Tours