RCCL Explorer of the seas review

Old April 19th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Pvnahra

Default RCCL Explorer of the seas review

Hi everyone.I will try bto make this very short.Cruised April 10th to April
17th.Check in went very fast.Arrived at port at 12;30 and was on ship by
1:15.Ship was full to capacity because it was easter weekend and most kids out
of school.Went to rooms first.We have two boys 10 and 11 and had two rooms next
to each other.Rooms not a bad size for 2 people for an inside cabin.Went first
to get soda pop cards for kids.They were 28.99 each for the week.That's very
expensive.(carnivals are only 20.00)When to buffet for lunch.Good selection and
very good.There is a johnny rockets on ship and they only charge for drinks and
there milkshakes.Kids liked it because they could go there,use there pop card
and eat without any extra charge.Luggage was at the room by 3;00pm.we had early
seating in main diningroom and overall the food was good or better.Here's a
little hint.Get what your waiter recomends.It's usually great.Ship was huge but
easy to navigate.The reason why was all the floors go from one end to the
other,and not like carnival where you hit walls as your walking and have to go
up or down to get to the other side.Shows were great except there 2 review
shows.They had good comics,good variety shows and the iceskating show was
excellent.We went western this time.we did not get off in the bahamas because
it was easter and all the shops were closed,Jamaica was great and i did the
Dunn rivers falls tour again and everyone loved it.We could not go to cayman
islands on this trip because water was to choppy from a storm and the tenders
were not working so they made it a day at sea.This was our only bad day weather
wise.Six out of seven not bad.Our last stop was couzmel and we took a cab to a
beach and had a great time.There's a lot to do on this ship for the
kids,Workers are very friendly.We were 2nd group to leave ship,7:30 am and it
took about 45 minutes to get off..I will answer any questions for you all
because i'm sure i forgot a lot,thanks,Vic
Old April 22nd, 2004, 03:10 PM
Becca

Thanks for posting your review of the Explorer, I enjoyed reading it.
Like you, I sometimes ask the waiter when I can not decide between two
entrees on the menu.

As far as being able to walk through the ship without having walls
blocking your path, this is true on the upper decks, but on the lower 3
decks you have to use the stairs or elevators to get to the other side
of the ship. I agree with you, that is so annoying.

Becca -----needs a map most of the time...

Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/