Tahiti Cruises Just Got Easier!

Old April 28th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Mike Cordelli

Default Tahiti Cruises Just Got Easier!

It will be interesting to see how much of an impact this will have. While I
would love the idea of a direct flight to Tahiti, not getting miles on any
airline but them isn't something I would like to do from New York. I may
still want to fly to the West Coast, overnight to get some rest, then fly on
from there.

All depends on pricing, as always.

Will the cruise ships change their schedules to match the flights?

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Air Tahiti Nui and thought it would
be of interest. This availability of non-stop service, from the U.S
East Coast, makes travel to and from Tahiti for cruises much more
convenient for folks living on the East Coast. Princess recently
announced that they would be using Air Tahiti Nui on their air/sea
packages. The number one encumbrance of cruising Tahiti has been the
long flights involved with stopping in LA and changing airlines. I am
sorry that Windstar did not survive long enough to see this additional
convenient air capacity. As I previously posted, Windstar will be
leaving Tahiti at the end of 2004. We still have the luxurious
Radisson Seven Seas and Princess choices. If you have missed any of
my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Air Tahiti Nui to Launch New York-Papeete Non-Stop Flights in July,
2005

NEW YORK April 28, 2004
Air Tahiti Nui, the international flag-carrier of Tahiti and Her
Islands, announced today that it will begin first-ever non-stop
service between New York and Papeete, Tahiti's capitol and
inter-island transportation hub. The 3 times weekly service, on
Thursdays, Saturdays, and Mondays, will be inaugurated in July, 2005,
a few weeks after Air Tahiti Nui receives its fifth A-340-300, "Nuku
Hiva".
The announcement was made by Air Tahiti Nui's CEO, Geffry Salmon, in
Los Angeles at Tahiti Tourisme's Annual Travel Industry Business
Forum. The news was warmly received by participants who are jointly
developing strategies to achieve Tahiti Tourisme's goal of increasing
annual visitor arrivals to 300,000 by 2007.

"Air Tahiti Nui is proud to announce the future linking of New York
and Papeete," Wally Sumner the airline's Vice President - North
America said. "This convenient non-stop flight will open a new market
to Tahiti and make our idyllic destination attractive to a large
catchment of Northeast U.S. leisure travelers," he added.

The 6,289 statute mile sector will be flown in approximately 12 hours
30 minutes aboard Air Tahiti Nui's high technology A-340-300's,
commercial aviation's long-haul leader. The comfortable 4-engine
jetliners are the traveling public's preferred aircraft type, and Air
Tahiti Nui's cabin crews are renowned for delivering gracious service
with Tahitian hospitality.

Air Tahiti Nui also plans to begin online service next year between
Papeete and Sydney, Australia. The airline currently offers 13 flights
a week from Los Angeles to Papeete, with 3 continuing to Auckland, New
Zealand. Air Tahiti Nui also offers 5 weekly flights nonstop between
Los Angeles and Paris, and in addition flies from both Tokyo and Osaka
to Papeete.

The airline operates an all A-340-300 fleet offering 3 classes of
service. A large part of Air Tahiti Nui's success in its 6 years of
operation can be attributed to the close working partnership it enjoys
with other members of the travel industry, including tour operators,
travel agents, hotels and cruise lines. In 2003, Air Tahiti Nui was
honored in SkyTrax's annual rating of airlines when it was named "Best
Pacific Airline".

For more information about Air Tahiti Nui's services and flight
schedules, the public is invited to call the Reservations Center at
(877) 824-4846 or visit the airline's web site at
http://www.flyatn.com.

Old April 28th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:33:58 GMT, "Mike Cordelli"
wrote:

Will the cruise ships change their schedules to match the flights?

Hi Mike,

I have not seen the air schedule but I would not think it would be
necessary. It would not be necessary for most of my clients. I would
estimate that approximately 90% of my clients do a several days pre or
post Tahiti stay. They all love those overwater bungalows in Bora
Bora or Morea. ;+)

Old April 28th, 2004, 07:22 PM

Ya, the Sheraton on Morea is slightly the far side of fabulous. Too
bad about Windstar. When we were at Bora Bora on the Crystal Harmony
last month (late Feb.?) the Windstar and the Gauguin.were both
anchored within yelling distance of us. Hanging around a bar on-shore
(it was raining; seriously raining) we met quite a few passengers from
both ships. The Gauguin folks liked their cruise; the Windstar people
LOVED theirs.

Paul

Old April 28th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Mike Cordelli

It will be on Thursdays, Saturdays, and Mondays, assuming the return flights
will all be the day after.

Old April 30th, 2004, 04:48 AM
Ken & Mary

Hi Ray,

I thought that flying from LA to Tahiti was a long enough flight (8 1/2
hours), now a 12 1/2 hours flight? I sure hope they have good padding on
those planes.

On our cruises down there we learned that all the vowels are pronounced in
their words. I think it should be Moorea and not Morea. Pronounced
Mo-o-re-a.

--
Thanks,
Ken Reisig

San Diego Ambassador volunteer
http://www.sdambassador.com

"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been,"
"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen."
"sail away, sail away, sail away "
from "Orinoco Flow" by Enya

Old May 1st, 2004, 04:26 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 03:48:08 GMT, "Ken & Mary"
wrote:

On our cruises down there we learned that all the vowels are pronounced in
their words. I think it should be Moorea and not Morea. Pronounced
Mo-o-re-a.

Hi Ken,

Yes, you are correct on the pronunciation of Moorea. Thanks for
pointing that out.