Going to Wal-Mart while in Port

Old March 27th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

villa deauville wrote:
The Wal-Marts I have read about in this ng have me wondering if we speak
of the same chain. Here, in our area, Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Florida,
we have three Wal-Marts one being a super store. They are clean, well
lit, name merchandise, helpful personnel. Parking lots spotlessly clean,
patrolled with surveillance cameras in the parking lots.
Those med prescriptions I do not have filled overseas are filled in
their pharmacy. Much less expensive than any other pharmacy

Sunny,

A friend of mine who lives not far from you has said the same thing
about Wal-Mart. She loves the store and does a lot of shopping there.
The Wal-Marts I have been in here in New Jersey, are so bad and
disgusting that I don't go there much. When I do have to go there, I
feel like screaming "get me out of here". I avoid Mal-Mart if it is at
all possible.

sue
Old March 27th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Marsha L

I didn't care for the ones I had been into in NJ... I've been in a couple
here (NV) and some are better than others. This is an "upscale community"
and the Super Wal-Mart is ALWAYS busy.

OTOH, I don't think I've ever been in a K-Mart that I liked, and they're
still in business (even if barely so!)!

All three of the big "mart" stores (Target being the third) are relatively
close to me, and there are times that I've gone to each, but K-Mart is the
nearest and the one that I'm least likely to go to.

Old March 27th, 2005, 06:07 PM
villa deauville

Just a thought. When we lived on Long Island, depending location of
stores. we found great discrepancies re same stores but different
locations.
Could this be what is happening with Wal-Mart and other brand name
stores.? Location?
Charles, what you encountered has not been seen by me in our Wal-Marts.
One return desk, quite a few personnel there.waiting on customers. Every
employee I have encountered and inquired as to where can I find this or
that has given explicit instructions where it is located or walked us to
the area.
SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _ *)

Old March 27th, 2005, 07:11 PM
Rich Greene \([email protected]\)

"villa deauville" wrote in message
The Wal-Marts I have read about in this ng have me wondering if we speak
of the same chain. Here, in our area, Boca Raton/Delray Beach, Florida,
we have three Wal-Marts one being a super store. They are clean, well
lit, name merchandise, helpful personnel. Parking lots spotlessly clean,
patrolled with surveillance cameras in the parking lots.
Those med prescriptions I do not have filled overseas are filled in
their pharmacy. Much less expensive than any other pharmacy
SUNNY

S'nd I
XXX

(* _ *)

Same here in Olathe and Overland Park, Kansas. The customers here
wouldn't stand for a filthy store. Even Goodwill is clean and not smelling
of diapers.

I suppose it goes with what part of the country the store is located in.
People in some places are more tolerant than others. I see nothing wrong
with Wal Mart except for the pushy attitudes when they want to build a
new store someplace where it's not welcome. They definitely give other
stores a run for competition. I usually run in and run out since I don't
shop a hell of a lot except in computer stores.

Old March 27th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Charles

In article , Karen Segboer
wrote:

I may just do a small, personal "survey" myself and take a drive to
Wal-Mart.

That makes sense. Check it out yourself. But from the posts it appears
that there is a variation depending on location as far as cleanliness
etc.

--
Charles