Anyone have view on Cathay Business Class

Old April 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
Grrr

Default Anyone have view on Cathay Business Class

Planning on taking a trip to Vancouver via HKG with Cathay Pacific Business
Class.

Anyone have any experience's fly Cathay business??

Old April 10th, 2005, 02:19 PM
MC

"Grrr" wrote in message
Planning on taking a trip to Vancouver via HKG with Cathay Pacific
Business Class.

Anyone have any experience's fly Cathay business??

Very ordinary. Nothing to write home about.

MC

Old April 11th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Gregory Bond

Grrr wrote:

Anyone have any experience's fly Cathay business??

I've done MEL-HKG on Cathay business. Seats were quite like the QF
Skybeds but a bit shorter and not 100% flat. I'm reasonably tall
(180-odd) and it was a bit annoyingly short!

Service, food etc was fabulous as you would expect.
Old April 11th, 2005, 10:58 PM
Blake S

"MC" wrote in message
"Grrr" wrote in message
Planning on taking a trip to Vancouver via HKG with Cathay Pacific
Business Class.

Anyone have any experience's fly Cathay business??

Very ordinary. Nothing to write home about.

That's because you were most likely on the old business class before it was
updated. The HKG-YVR 744's were probably some of last of the planes to be
updated (I'm saying so because the Airbuses had been updated, but my 744 to
YVR was not). Now there's nearly flat bed (could be flat, didn't recline
all the way when I took them last). Also bigger PTV's with lots of
channels, games, and better map. Way better than ordinary IMO.

MC

Old April 11th, 2005, 11:26 PM
MC

"Blake S" wrote in message
nk.net...

"MC" wrote in message
"Grrr" wrote in message
Planning on taking a trip to Vancouver via HKG with Cathay Pacific
Business Class.

Anyone have any experience's fly Cathay business??

Very ordinary. Nothing to write home about.

That's because you were most likely on the old business class before it
was
updated. The HKG-YVR 744's were probably some of last of the planes to be
updated (I'm saying so because the Airbuses had been updated, but my 744
YVR was not). Now there's nearly flat bed (could be flat, didn't recline
all the way when I took them last). Also bigger PTV's with lots of
channels, games, and better map. Way better than ordinary IMO.

MC

Probably the old stuff. I think our last flight was on a 340 in 2003. I do
remember though for desert we had a lovely cake and to this day I do not
know what it was nor have I seen or tasted it since. I could have lived on
that stuff

MC

Old April 12th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Steven M. Scharf

"Grrr" wrote in message
Planning on taking a trip to Vancouver via HKG with Cathay Pacific

Business
Class.

Anyone have any experience's fly Cathay business??

I've flown it many times from SFO to HKG and HKG to TPE. Not very
impressive, especially on the A340, but they use the 747s on the LAX to HKG
route, and these are better.

No power outlets for notebook computers
Seats not very good
Video system flakey
Food not great

On one flight they couldn't get the baggage doors open upon arrival in SFO,
but this isn't a business class issue, it's an A340 issue. Terrible planes.

The best part of Cathay business class is their awesome business class
lounge in Hong Kong, but Singapore Airlines business class is much better
than Cathay's.

Old April 17th, 2005, 12:44 AM
matt weber

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:48:43 +1000, "Grrr" wrote:

Planning on taking a trip to Vancouver via HKG with Cathay Pacific Business
Class.

Anyone have any experience's fly Cathay business??

The long haul product isn't bad, but cabin service has always been
disappointed. The regional services (some up to 8hours flight time),
well it like flying domestic on QF....