Why do people live in Florida?

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:04 AM
puzzled

Default Why do people live in Florida?

A massive hurricane seems to hit Florida every few years. I really don't
understand why people continue to live there. Don't they get tired of having
to evacuate every summer, and having their houses destroyed? Someone explain
this to me.

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Linsifer

I guess for the same reason people in Malibu and inland Southern CA continue to
live and re-build after their homes are ruined by storms, floods, mud slides
and fires year after year.

Lindsay

Old September 5th, 2004, 02:04 AM
jcoulter

"JJ" wrote in
t:

Why do people live in France, afterall it's sooo freaking
french!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Ah yes and that is why I leave for her in 7 days!
Old September 5th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Jeff Coudriet

Better food than you find in the average American strip mall?

Works for me.

Jeff

Old September 8th, 2004, 09:30 PM

JJ wrote:

Why do people live in France, afterall it's sooo freaking
french!!!!!!!!!!!!1

If only France had Florida's weather (except the hurricanes) it would be
paradise.
Old September 9th, 2004, 11:11 PM
HoTShoT

"Linsifer" wrote in message
I guess for the same reason people in Malibu and inland Southern CA
continue to
live and re-build after their homes are ruined by storms, floods, mud
slides
and fires year after year.

Why because they are stupid and don't learn lessons? Fool me once, shame on
you, fool me twice, shame on me? Lots of people live there because they were
born there and people are creators of habit. Others went there to see Mickey
Mouse and though it would be a good idea to retire there and are getting an
eye opener this late summer.

Before Disney World the place was not anywhere near as populated. Take a
look at the number of people living there over the last 35 years
http://www.state.fl.us/edr/population/table1-4.xls The stupid bar is getting
bigger and bigger.