Miami between arrival and flight?

Old November 22nd, 2004, 07:56 PM
Dave Herzstein

Default Miami between arrival and flight?

My ship arrives back in Miami at 8am and my flight leaves MIA at 6pm.
I've thought of renting a car - as much for luggage storage as for
touring the area. The cruiseline offers a port-to-everglades-to-airport
tour (includes luggage transport) that is suitable for departures as
late as 3pm, but that leaves me with (at least) 3 extra hours at the
airport.

What's there to do in 1/2 day in Miami and what are my options for
storing my luggage?

-Dave
Old November 22nd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 11:56:01 -0800, Dave Herzstein wrote:

My ship arrives back in Miami at 8am and my flight leaves MIA at 6pm.

South Beach is 30 minutes at best away.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 03:12 PM
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake Dave Herzstein :

My ship arrives back in Miami at 8am and my flight leaves MIA at 6pm.
I've thought of renting a car - as much for luggage storage as for
touring the area. The cruiseline offers a port-to-everglades-to-airport
tour (includes luggage transport) that is suitable for departures as
late as 3pm, but that leaves me with (at least) 3 extra hours at the
airport.

What's there to do in 1/2 day in Miami and what are my options for
storing my luggage?

-Dave

If it really is 3 hours (as opposed to 4), you can always get checked
in and then spend a couple of hours touring around.
--
dillon

"When the French are against it, you know we can't
be far wrong." - Adm. Bobbie Ray Inman
Old December 7th, 2004, 07:41 PM
pixseal

Dave Herzstein wrote:
My ship arrives back in Miami at 8am and my flight leaves MIA at 6pm.

I've thought of renting a car - as much for luggage storage as for
touring the area. The cruiseline offers a

port-to-everglades-to-airport
tour (includes luggage transport) that is suitable for departures as
late as 3pm, but that leaves me with (at least) 3 extra hours at the
airport.

What's there to do in 1/2 day in Miami and what are my options for
storing my luggage?

-Dave

I was off the ship at 10am and had arranged for a Hertz rental - Hertz
sends a shuttle van to the port every 30 minutes. I spent the day at
the Everglades and got some good shots of birds and gators:
http://www.pixseal.com/cruise2004/glades.htm

-Dave

Old December 7th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Clint

Dave Herzstein wrote:
My ship arrives back in Miami at 8am and my flight leaves MIA at 6pm.

What's there to do in 1/2 day in Miami and what are my options for
storing my luggage?

You can always go over to South Beach at check out the art deco buildings as
well as have a nice Cuban lunch. An Everglades tour is also nice.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Eskimo Inuit Art & Northwest Indian Art