Ilocos Norte/Philippines

Old April 20th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Scotty Beats His Monkey

Default Ilocos Norte/Philippines

Hi All

My wife is begging me to take her back to Tuguegarao to visit her family.

She assures me that we will be safe, but I've read otherwise, in these
groups, and other forums, that an American looks like a walking bank in the
Philippines.

Is that true? Will I be a target for bandits?

Does anyone have any tips for me?

Is anyone here familiar with the Tuguegarao/Cagayan Valley area?

Please feel free to email me at or
post.

Thanks

Old April 20th, 2004, 08:44 AM
Just JT

Default Tuguegarao, Cagayan ( Ilocos Norte/Philippines)

Sabi ni "Scotty Beats His Monkey" :
Hi All

My wife is begging me to take her back to Tuguegarao to visit her family.

--------------
You should be fine as long as you don't FLAUNT any expensive attire and
jewelry.

Btw, Tuguegarao is in Cagayan province, not Ilocos Norte.

The bus trip from Metro Manila to Tuguegarao is a long and exhausting one. I
believe PAL and other airlines fly Manila to Batac, Ilocos Norte. The bus
trip from Batac to Tuguegarao would be a shorter one and the road between
Ilocos Norte and Cagayan have improved through the years.

But you should check that you don't go there during typhoon season. Typhoons
are nastier than hurricanes, if you're from the East Stateside. They ain't
fun.

Good luck!

P.S. Why do you beat your monkey? What wrong has it done?????

--
DalubButCagayanIsIlocanoSpeakingToo

Old April 20th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Scotty Beats His Monkey

"Just JT" wrote in message
Sabi ni "Scotty Beats His Monkey" :
Hi All

My wife is begging me to take her back to Tuguegarao to visit her

family.

--------------
You should be fine as long as you don't FLAUNT any expensive attire and
jewelry.

Sure wish we had some

Btw, Tuguegarao is in Cagayan province, not Ilocos Norte.

Thanks for the heads up. My gal was only 4 y/o the last time she was there

The bus trip from Metro Manila to Tuguegarao is a long and exhausting one.

believe PAL and other airlines fly Manila to Batac, Ilocos Norte. The bus
trip from Batac to Tuguegarao would be a shorter one and the road between
Ilocos Norte and Cagayan have improved through the years.

Are there any flights from Manila to Pagudpud?

But you should check that you don't go there during typhoon season.

Typhoons
are nastier than hurricanes, if you're from the East Stateside. They ain't
fun.

Yea, I know about the rainy season...And I've been through a few hurricanes
too...But tell me dickless...Have you ever been through a tornado???

Here on the East Coast, we have them regularly...They cum without warning
here...300 MPH winds...They would rip that shack that you call a home
apart...

Good luck!

Thanks;-)

P.S. Why do you beat your monkey? What wrong has it done?????

It gets too big for its britches

--
DalubButCagayanIsIlocanoSpeakingToo

Old April 20th, 2004, 10:08 AM
Chris Blunt

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:44:03 +1000, "Just JT"
wrote:

Sabi ni "Scotty Beats His Monkey" :
Hi All

My wife is begging me to take her back to Tuguegarao to visit her family.

--------------
You should be fine as long as you don't FLAUNT any expensive attire and
jewelry.

Btw, Tuguegarao is in Cagayan province, not Ilocos Norte.

The bus trip from Metro Manila to Tuguegarao is a long and exhausting one. I
believe PAL and other airlines fly Manila to Batac, Ilocos Norte. The bus
trip from Batac to Tuguegarao would be a shorter one and the road between
Ilocos Norte and Cagayan have improved through the years.

But you should check that you don't go there during typhoon season. Typhoons
are nastier than hurricanes, if you're from the East Stateside. They ain't
fun.

Good luck!

I've done that trip by bus, but only as far as Ilagan, and you're
right, it is exhausting.

PAL also fly to Tuguegarao itself 3 times a week. Its about a 45
minute flight.