it happened on an airplane or in an airport

Old March 28th, 2007, 04:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
JA_MORAN

Default it happened on an airplane or in an airport

add your bits of humor

An airline pilot wrote that on this particular flight he had hammered
his ship into the runway really hard. The airline had a policy which
required the first officer to stand at the door while the passengers
exited, smile, and give them a, "Thanks for flying XYZ airline." He said
that in light of his bad landing, he had a hard time looking the
passengers in the eye, thinking that someone would have a smart comment.
Finally, everyone had gotten off except for this little old lady walking
with a cane. She said, "Sonny, did we land or were we shot down?"

After landing: "Thank you for flying Delta Business Express. We hope
you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for
a ride."

I did hear that when Panam was still in business if you were rude to the
skycaps, or ticket agents, they would send your bags to BOM or Bombay India.

JOHN
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:18 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Kevin Rhodes

In article , JA_MORAN wrote:
[...]

I was on an early morning flight a couple years ago from Eu Claire, WI to
Minneapolis on NWA. The Captain came on the PA and made the following
annoucement - "We know you have a choice of bankrupt airlines, thank-you for
choosing ours!" The whole plane cracked up.

Kevin Rhodes
Westbrook, Maine
Old March 30th, 2007, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Király

On WestJet once, upon landing, while taxiing toward terminal:

"Thank you for flying WestJet. Our cleaning crew always appreciates
assistance from customers. If you would like to volunteer with
cleaning the aircraft, please indicate so by unbuckling your lap belt
and standing up *before* the aircraft comes to a complete stop and the
fasten-lap-belt indicator goes out."

--
K.

Lang may your lum reek.

Old April 11th, 2007, 12:32 AM posted to rec.travel.air
pfriedmanNoSpam

Two stories:

Landing in Tokyo on flight from Hong Kong. The landing was VERY hard. The
plane bounced three times. While taxing to the terminal, the lead cabin
attendant said:
".... for those who want to change their watches to the correct local
time, the plane laded at 1:54 p.m. ......
and 1:55 and 1:56"

Flying from Omaha to Mineapolis during severe summer thunder storms. The
flying time was twice normal and we certainly wandered all over the midwest.
Upon landing, the pilot announced:
"We appologize for the delay. The weather caused us to fly over 6 states
that I know of; there might have been more."

Paul