Berlusconi minister wants Italian vote on return to lira

Old June 5th, 2005, 06:29 PM
Mxsmanic

nitram writes:

In the not too distant past, both Italy and UK devalued their
currencies, this reduced imports (too expensive) and made it possible
to sell goods for export, which created employment which earned
foreign money, which made it possible to revalue the currency
eventually. None of the Euro countries can do this anymore.

They can lower salaries, which amounts to roughly the same thing.

Old June 5th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Mxsmanic

Alfred Molon writes:

Our LED printer (Okipage 4W+) stopped working a couple of days ago. Paid
440 DM (=225 Euro) for it when I bought it around 1997-1998.

Was very surprised when I went to the guenstiger.de shopping portal and
found laser printers starting at unbelievably low 80 Euro (Samsung
ML1520).

I wanted to buy a real-time clock for my server and I was looking at one
made in Germany. The company's Web site named a French distributor, to
whom I sent an e-mail for a price quote. The French distributor quoted
around 570 euro. I then e-mailed the company directly and told them
that this was a ridiculous price. They agreed, and were obviously
shocked by the French distributor's pricing; their own price was 128
euro or so. Something must have happened, because the French
distributor tried to contact me, but I wasn't interested in anyone who
gouged his customers like that. Apparently the French distributor was
too stupid to realize that people now can simply buy the product
directly from the manufacturer--there's no reason to throw money out the
window just to make a local, unethical distributor rich.

Of course, this is bad news for national distributors, but good news for
Europeans and their economy in general.

Old June 5th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Turan Fettahoglu

One of the Italian ministers is proposing that Italy would go back to
liras.
Hopefully he will succeed.

Italy has general elections next year. The minister plans to say, "we have
made you all millionaires again!". Remember, 1 Euro was some 2000 lire.

Turan

Old June 5th, 2005, 09:07 PM
quiqueg

nitram wrote in news:va43a15o1rhf4f0u9h1g1p105l5otoe961@
4ax.com:

Roberto Maroni

the guys should not be taken seriously. To quote a brilliant italian writer
, "The situation is tragic, but not at all serious".

--
QQG
Dopo dieci anni di politica, il suo patrimonio è triplicato, l’Italia si
Old June 5th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:46:32 +0200, nitram wrote:

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:40:21 +0200, Mxsmanic
wrote:

Luca Logi writes:

the root of the problems is that a sizable percentage of ministers are
as stupid as maroni

All the more reason to stay with the euro, so that the currency can be
stabilized by more intelligent people abroad.

The Euro is stabilised at the expense of the richer countries.

Same way the $US is stabilised by the richer states.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 6th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Gregory Morrow

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

Note that Roberto Maroni is also for separating the north of Italy
from the south too, as that's where most of the money is. I think he
wants to draw the line above Florence. He also has views extreme to
the point of being ridiculous on a number of other issues.

IOW, this guy's a joke, but has a loyal following of people that hate
immigrants.

He should move to Holland, where he'd be even more popular...

--
Best
Greg

Old June 6th, 2005, 02:27 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and

Gregory Morrow
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net wrote:

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

Note that Roberto Maroni is also for separating the north of Italy
from the south too, as that's where most of the money is. I think he
wants to draw the line above Florence. He also has views extreme to
the point of being ridiculous on a number of other issues.

IOW, this guy's a joke, but has a loyal following of people that hate
immigrants.

He should move to Holland, where he'd be even more popular...

I don't know if you want to scratch the surface on that one. All things
considered, the Dutch _are_ tolerant- maybe indifferent is the better
word? I suspect the anti-immigrant attitudes in many other European is
much darker.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old June 6th, 2005, 02:27 AM
Luigi Donatello Asero

"Gregory Morrow"
gregorymorrowEMERGENCYCANCELLATIONARCHIMEDES@eart hlink.net skrev i
meddelandet hlink.net...

Deep Foiled Malls wrote:

Note that Roberto Maroni is also for separating the north of Italy
from the south too, as that's where most of the money is. I think he
wants to draw the line above Florence. He also has views extreme to
the point of being ridiculous on a number of other issues.

IOW, this guy's a joke, but has a loyal following of people that hate
immigrants.

He should move to Holland, where he'd be even more popular...

So, Dutch people are against immigrants aren´t they?

--
Luigi ( un italiano che vive in Svezia)
https://www.scaiecat-spa-gigi.com/sv...na-chiessi.php