Study Abroad

Old November 20th, 2005, 05:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Study Abroad

In article , Tom Peel
wrote:

Nicole Floyd wrote:
I was looking to travel to Western Europe to study language (Spanish,
German, perhaps French.)

I would like to work and learn at the same time any suggestions?
Especially
websites.

Lava

Learning a language in another country is a great idea. As far as work
goes, some foreign students do, but you may be violating your visa
regulations.

T.

This is so ancient that it's probably useless, but I was doing graduate
work in Germany quite a while ago and wanted to stay a semester beyond
the fellowship I had, so I needed to work, too. I got an amendment to my
student visa. This being Germany, there was about a mile of red tape,
but it was quite possible.

Rules have undoubtably changed, but there might be something similar in
places.

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar), biblioholic medievalist

There is no such thing as too many books.

Too few bookshelves can, however, be a problem.

http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo

Old November 20th, 2005, 05:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 13:50:51 +0100, Tom Peel
wrote:

Nicole Floyd wrote:
I was looking to travel to Western Europe to study language (Spanish,
German, perhaps French.)

I would like to work and learn at the same time any suggestions? Especially
websites.

Lava

Learning a language in another country is a great idea. As far as work
goes, some foreign students do, but you may be violating your visa
regulations.

Here is a pretty good summary of opportunities to work abroad:

http://www.cie.uci.edu/iop/work.html

Note that for a lot of these programs you must be a currently enrolled
student or have graduated just a short time ago.

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old November 21st, 2005, 04:50 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Runge wrote:

martin always helpful

Spunge always knuckle-dragging loser.