Parisian papeteries

Old December 27th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Jeremy Henderson

Default Parisian papeteries

One nice thing about the Frogs is that they share my personal fetish
for nice stationery. As a result, no trip to Paris is complete without
a litte browsing and probably an ill-advised purchase at one of the
many "papeteries" to be found there.

Some favourites;

Gibert Jeune, at St Michel. Underground department with a nice
selection of notebooks!

Can't remember its name, but it's on the corner of rue La Fayette and
avenue de Provence - two floors, the upper one with fancy paper,
artists supplies, pens, and the lower one with notebooks and
office-type stuff

The department stores are good :

Galeries Lafayette used to be one of the best, but since it moved to
the basement there isn't such a range

Samaritaine and Printemps are OK,

but the best by far is ...

BHV - with a huge range of notebooks, paper blocs, pens, artists
supplies, filing stuff. A veritable treasure trove.

And finally - even our local Carrefour has a respectable stationery department.

Additions? Comments?

J;
--
Encrypted e-mail address. Click to mail me:
http://cerbermail.com/?nKYh3qN4YG

Old December 28th, 2004, 12:16 PM
JuanElorza

Jeremy Henderson wrote:

[...]

If you happens to be near the Champs Elysées, you can try

Dupré 39 rue d'Artois 75008 Paris tel. 01 45 61 50 71

Activité : papeteries, librairies-papeteries (détail)
Papeterie - Beaux-arts
http://dupre-octante.com/

J;

Old December 28th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Keith

"Jeremy Henderson" wrote in message
One nice thing about the Frogs is that they share my personal fetish
for nice stationery.

It's one of my favorite things too.

Florence had a couple nice places, with some high priced, but very nice
products....

Harrods of Knightsbridge also has a respectable department.

http://www.harrods.com/Cultures/en-U...ther_goods.htm

Fun stuff.

Keith