Potential cheap hotel accommodation?

Old November 1st, 2005, 01:38 PM
B Vaughan

Default Potential cheap hotel accommodation?

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:34:16 +0100, Martin wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4394566.stm

"A "micro-house" created by British architect Richard Horden is being
tested by students in Munich, Germany.

It has two bedrooms, a lounge, a dining room, a kitchen and a
bathroom, and it is just 9ft by 9ft by 9ft. ... "

I found this detail interesting:

Inside the cube, the entrance lobby also doubles as a shower and a
toilet.

So, if someone's at the door, he may have to wait until you finish
whatever you're doing?

--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it

Old November 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM

Martin wrote:

****?
--
Martin

British beer ?

Old November 1st, 2005, 04:40 PM

Martin wrote:
On 1 Nov 2005 08:31:01 -0800, wrote:

Martin wrote:
On 1 Nov 2005 08:24:02 -0800,
wrote:

B Vaughan wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:34:16 +0100, Martin wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4394566.stm

"A "micro-house" created by British architect Richard Horden is being
tested by students in Munich, Germany.

It has two bedrooms, a lounge, a dining room, a kitchen and a
bathroom, and it is just 9ft by 9ft by 9ft. ... "

I found this detail interesting:

Inside the cube, the entrance lobby also doubles as a shower and a
toilet.

So, if someone's at the door, he may have to wait until you finish
whatever you're doing?

students wash ?

****?

British beer ?

In Munich? Dutch owned German Brewery beer maybe.
--
Martin

still I liked the flat screen tv

Old November 1st, 2005, 05:13 PM
B Vaughan

B Vaughan wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 12:34:16 +0100, Martin wrote:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4394566.stm

"A "micro-house" created by British architect Richard Horden is being
tested by students in Munich, Germany.

It has two bedrooms, a lounge, a dining room, a kitchen and a
bathroom, and it is just 9ft by 9ft by 9ft. ... "

I found this detail interesting:

Inside the cube, the entrance lobby also doubles as a shower and a
toilet.

So, if someone's at the door, he may have to wait until you finish
whatever you're doing?

students wash ?

I also noticed they proposed putting one in your garden to house your
teenagers. That idea would tempt a lot of people.

Old November 19th, 2005, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On 2005-11-01, B Vaughan wrote:

I found this detail interesting:

Inside the cube, the entrance lobby also doubles as a shower and a
toilet.

So, if someone's at the door, he may have to wait until you finish
whatever you're doing?

If I'm in the bathroom, and someone is at the door, he'll have to wait
until I'm finished, regardless of the location of the bathroom.

True! (However, if the bathroom has a door, neither you nor
the chambermaid need be embarrassed if she knocks and enters
without waiting for a reply.)

Old November 19th, 2005, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On 2005-11-01, B Vaughan wrote:

I found this detail interesting:

Inside the cube, the entrance lobby also doubles as a shower and a
toilet.

So, if someone's at the door, he may have to wait until you finish
whatever you're doing?

If I'm in the bathroom, and someone is at the door, he'll have to wait
until I'm finished, regardless of the location of the bathroom.

True! (However, if the bathroom has a door, neither you nor
the chambermaid need be embarrassed if she knocks and enters
without waiting for a reply.)

Isn't that what the 'do not disturb' sign is for?

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old November 20th, 2005, 07:28 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and prestwich
tesco 24h

On 2005-11-01, B Vaughan wrote:

I found this detail interesting:

Inside the cube, the entrance lobby also doubles as a shower and a
toilet.

So, if someone's at the door, he may have to wait until you finish
whatever you're doing?

If I'm in the bathroom, and someone is at the door, he'll have to wait
until I'm finished, regardless of the location of the bathroom.

True! (However, if the bathroom has a door, neither you nor
the chambermaid need be embarrassed if she knocks and enters
without waiting for a reply.)

Isn't that what the 'do not disturb' sign is for?

That's if A) you remember to put it out and B) the
chambermaid can read! (The U.S. isn't the only country
where such work is frequently done by immmigrants who cannot
yet speak or read the language.)

Old November 20th, 2005, 09:25 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

offy wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

[]
True! (However, if the bathroom has a door, neither you nor
the chambermaid need be embarrassed if she knocks and enters
without waiting for a reply.)

Isn't that what the 'do not disturb' sign is for?

That's if A) you remember to put it out and B) the
chambermaid can read! (The U.S. isn't the only country
where such work is frequently done by immmigrants who cannot
yet speak or read the language.)

Well, I've known hotel staff to simply ignore the sign. Indeed, at the
Ramses Hilton in Cairo the cleaner made a point of coming in when the
sign was there, as he was always looking for tips. (Never got any, I
might add.) However, not knowing what the sign meant would just seem
bizzare- even among immigrant staff with little grasp of the language.

Old November 22nd, 2005, 02:00 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

offy wrote:

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

[]

True! (However, if the bathroom has a door, neither you nor
the chambermaid need be embarrassed if she knocks and enters
without waiting for a reply.)

Isn't that what the 'do not disturb' sign is for?

That's if A) you remember to put it out and B) the
chambermaid can read! (The U.S. isn't the only country
where such work is frequently done by immmigrants who cannot
yet speak or read the language.)

Well, I've known hotel staff to simply ignore the sign. Indeed, at the
Ramses Hilton in Cairo the cleaner made a point of coming in when the
sign was there, as he was always looking for tips. (Never got any, I
might add.) However, not knowing what the sign meant would just seem
bizzare- even among immigrant staff with little grasp of the language.

Then there's always the possibility the room's occupant
reversed the sign when putting it on the doorknob - most of
those I've seen have "do not disturb" on one side and
"please clean the room" on the other. (Obviously it makes a
difference which side is visible!)