California / Las Vegas Information

Old September 26th, 2006, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dennis McClendon

Default California / Las Vegas Information

Icono Clast wrote:
Coca Cola bottling
plant in the shape of an ocean liner closer

I remember seeing that! It's no longer there? Where was it?

1334 S. Central. Still there as far as I know.
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Don Kirkman

It seems to me I heard somewhere that Dennis McClendon wrote in article
:

Icono Clast wrote:
Coca Cola bottling
plant in the shape of an ocean liner closer

I remember seeing that! It's no longer there? Where was it?

1334 S. Central. Still there as far as I know.

That sounds right, though on my own I would have remembered it being a
bit farther south. I haven't been at large in the downtown for quite a
few years, so I'm not sure whether it's still there or now.
--
Don Kirkman
Old September 27th, 2006, 01:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

Dennis McClendon wrote:
Icono Clast wrote:
Coca Cola bottling
plant in the shape of an ocean liner closer

I remember seeing that! It's no longer there? Where was it?

1334 S. Central. Still there as far as I know.

Thank you. I'll try t'remember to go by when I'm there in November. I
can picture it in m'mind as white with blue-lined portholes.

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
"San Francisco is a pleasure. Los Angeles is a headache" Rita (NYC)
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

Old September 29th, 2006, 06:08 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Calif Bill

"Icono Clast" wrote in message
.. .
wrote:
Don Kirkman wrote:
You're probably thinking of the Citadel, in the city of Commerce
. . . It is an old retired tire factory built a predecessor of Uniroyal,
in the age of imaginative architects, and was designed
like an Assyrian or Babylonian fortress. I've never been, so I
can't comment on the shopping.

Don, do you mean it looked like that when it was a tire factory? I
just drove by it the other day and didn't recall ever having seen
it before. I thought it was a not-quite-finished outlet mall. (A friend
guessed Sumerian, but your guesses are probably better!)

It's been a landmark for me since long 'before July 17, 1955. Looked
better than it does now, too, 'cause it was complete. Other than
clean the façade and raze the building, I don't know what they did
but, for æsthetics, they oughtn't've. Nevertheless, I'm delighted
they're preserved what little they have.

-- __________________________________________________ ______________
. . . in L.A., you cannot trust air you cannot see -- Len
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ --- http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 ------- IClast at Gmail com

Always wondered what the original building was for. I remeber it in the
80's with broken windows.

Old October 4th, 2006, 05:14 PM
BillyHoyle BillyHoyle is offline
Member

Ladies,

A must in Vegas is to see a show. You can find just about anything at any price, like the ever popular "Blue Men Group". See www.broadwaybox.com/lasvegas for discount tickets as well as show listings and reviews. Enjoy!
Old October 5th, 2006, 02:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_2_]

"BillyHoyle" wrote in message

Ladies,

A must in Vegas is to see a show. You can find just about anything at
any price, like the ever popular "Blue Men Group".

--
BillyHoyle

If you're gonna spam us - you ought to at least know the name of the
show:
it's Blue MAN Group .

Old October 5th, 2006, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Icono Clast

Here's "A bit of non-gambling Las Vegas" with about a dozen useful
links: http://geocities.com/iconoc/Articles/LasVegas.html

BillyHoyle wrote:
Ladies,

A must in Vegas is to see a show. You can find just about anything
at any price

Drum machines have no soul.

Old October 6th, 2006, 06:09 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default hotel/airline packages for one person

has anybody had good results in buying a couple days' trip with the
airline and hotel bundled together? If so, which websites are best for
lining them up?

-- single occupancy, not double.