Fares Garmisch to Paris then Paris to Cortina

Old November 4th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Sam

Default Fares Garmisch to Paris then Paris to Cortina

We need to travel from Garmisch (Germany) to Paris (Francis) in early
January then a few days later to go from Paris to Cortina (Italy). We are
two adults and a 13 year old.

Can anyone offer suggestions on the most economical yet reasonably
comfortable ways to do this. Are there cheap plane fares available on these
routes? If not plane, what is the best way to do these trips by train?

Can anyone give me some idea about prices?

Many thanks

Sam

Old November 4th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Sam schrieb:

We need to travel from Garmisch (Germany) to Paris (Francis)

France, I guess.

in early
January then a few days later to go from Paris to Cortina (Italy).

Paris is quite far from the two resorts.

We are
two adults and a 13 year old.

Can anyone offer suggestions on the most economical yet reasonably
comfortable ways to do this. Are there cheap plane fares available on these
routes? If not plane, what is the best way to do these trips by train?

Can anyone give me some idea about prices?

A return ticket from Garmisch to Paris might be interesting. You will
pay for 1,5 persons on the German side.

Not sure whether this applies for the overnighter Munich - Paris.

Add tickets Garmisch - Cortina.

Regards, ULF
Old November 5th, 2003, 05:42 AM

"Sam" wrote in message ...
We need to travel from Garmisch (Germany) to Paris (Francis) in early
January then a few days later to go from Paris to Cortina (Italy). We are
two adults and a 13 year old.

Can anyone offer suggestions on the most economical yet reasonably
comfortable ways to do this. Are there cheap plane fares available on these
routes? If not plane, what is the best way to do these trips by train?

Can anyone give me some idea about prices?

Many thanks

Sam

You need to forget this and come to America and catch a luxurious
Greyhound Bus and go to Rock City amd Ruby Falls in Chattanooga,
Tennesse. Greyhound is America's equivilant to the luxury coach lines
found in Germany and
other places in Europe. From Rock, City you'll next want to go to the
Tennessee Aquarium. Hang around Chattanooga a few more days and see
all the
other tourist luxuries. From Chattanooga you'll next want to see Hot
Springs, Arkansas with maybe a side trip to Nashville or Memphis to
see Elvis' home. This is only a starter as by this time you'll get
plenty more free information for all the other tourist delights you
love to savor. And remember, Don't forget Greyhound. "Leave The
Driving to Them" Happy Vacation. Forget Europe. It doesn't even come
close!
Old November 5th, 2003, 10:37 AM
Michael MacClancy

"Sam" wrote in message
We need to travel from Garmisch (Germany) to Paris (Francis) in early
January then a few days later to go from Paris to Cortina (Italy). We are
two adults and a 13 year old.

Can anyone offer suggestions on the most economical yet reasonably
comfortable ways to do this. Are there cheap plane fares available on

these
routes? If not plane, what is the best way to do these trips by train?

Can anyone give me some idea about prices?

Many thanks

This is a crazy journey. If you're not prepared to fly Munich-Paris-Venice
then you should drive. Anyway, there'll be no snow in Paris, so what do you
want to go there for? ;-)
___
Michael MacClancy

Old November 6th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Luca Logi

Sam wrote:

We need to travel from Garmisch (Germany) to Paris (Francis) in early
January then a few days later to go from Paris to Cortina (Italy). We are
two adults and a 13 year old.

Can anyone offer suggestions on the most economical yet reasonably
comfortable ways to do this. Are there cheap plane fares available on these
routes? If not plane, what is the best way to do these trips by train?

It isn't difficult to find the trains between Garmisch and Paris with
bahn.hafas.de. Keep in mind that schedules will be changed on Dec. 13th
and I don't know if the new schedules are already available.

The leg Paris to Cortina looks like a nightmare, as Cortina is not on a
railway line, is not close to any airport and can be reached only by bus
or car. Maybe the best thing to do could be go to Dobbiaco/Toblach, only
40 km. north of Cortina and on a railway line, and switch to a bus. The
schedule for the Dobbiaco/Cortina bus, probably on the SAD bus society,
is quite difficult to find and the Paris/Dobbiaco leg is already a
nightmare involving a lot of changes in improbable places. I cannot even
guess if the whole thing can be done in less than a full day or you need
overnighting somewhere.

Or, maybe, you really need a Paris-Venice flight. Cortina isn't close to
Venice, but this way maybe you can do the thing in a single day.

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Old November 6th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Luca Logi

Sam wrote:

We need to travel from Garmisch (Germany) to Paris (Francis) in early
January then a few days later to go from Paris to Cortina (Italy). We are
two adults and a 13 year old.

Can anyone offer suggestions on the most economical yet reasonably
comfortable ways to do this. Are there cheap plane fares available on these
routes? If not plane, what is the best way to do these trips by train?

It isn't difficult to find the trains between Garmisch and Paris with
bahn.hafas.de. Keep in mind that schedules will be changed on Dec. 13th
and I don't know if the new schedules are already available.

The leg Paris to Cortina looks like a nightmare, as Cortina is not on a
railway line, is not close to any airport and can be reached only by bus
or car. Maybe the best thing to do could be going to Dobbiaco/Toblach,
only 40 km. north of Cortina and on a railway line, and switching to a

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Luca Logi schrieb:

The leg Paris to Cortina looks like a nightmare, as Cortina is not on a
railway line, is not close to any airport and can be reached only by bus
or car. Maybe the best thing to do could be going to Dobbiaco/Toblach,
only 40 km. north of Cortina and on a railway line, and switching to a
bus. The schedule for the Dobbiaco/Cortina bus, probably on the SAD bus
society, is quite difficult to find

http://www.sii.bz.it/en/orari.php

Regards, ULF