Anaheim to Princess Long Beach Pier

Old December 2nd, 2003, 03:41 AM
Pikaboo 155

Default Anaheim to Princess Long Beach Pier

Hi,
I will be going on the Diamond Princess on March 13 (one of the first
voyages of this ship!) from Long Beach, California, to the Mexican Riviera.
Prior to embarking on the ship, I am thinking of going to disneyland with my
family for a day or two. So my question is, what is the best way to get from
Disneyland (I'll be staying at the Marriot Hotel nearby) to the Princess
Long Beach Pier. Is the best way to get there is by a taxi? For how much? Is
there a shuttle or something? How much is it? Any information would be
appreciated.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 05:50 AM
JLP20

Just a guess, but I doubt the standard taxi could handle you and your lugage.

It's a long shot, but call the Marriot, they may do the 50 mile round trip. If
not, do a Google seach for "super shuttle Los Angeles". Contact them, I'm sure
the'll give you a quote over the phone.

When you get off the ship, wave. We'll be getting on for the 3/20 sailing.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20
Old December 2nd, 2003, 06:26 AM
Deirdre Saoirse Moen

In article zRTyb.540212$pl3.509340@pd7tw3no, "Pikaboo 155"
wrote:

I will be going on the Diamond Princess on March 13 (one of the first
voyages of this ship!) from Long Beach, California, to the Mexican Riviera.
Prior to embarking on the ship, I am thinking of going to disneyland with my
family for a day or two. So my question is, what is the best way to get from
Disneyland (I'll be staying at the Marriot Hotel nearby) to the Princess
Long Beach Pier. Is the best way to get there is by a taxi? For how much? Is
there a shuttle or something? How much is it? Any information would be
appreciated.

It's something like 30 miles, so a taxi would be quite expensive. I'd call
SuperShuttle (or another similar service) and see if they offer
Disneyland/Pier transfers.

--
_Deirdre http://deirdre.net
"Dogs may have kept us company on the hunt, but it was the cats who
Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:20 PM
JLeary256

Since LA is so spead out, I always have a car. It is much more convenient for
touring, perhaps look for a drop off at Long Beach?? You will have to get from
LAX to Disneyland anyway- again more than a cab ride- quite a distance.
Old December 2nd, 2003, 01:30 PM
Don & Lynn

We will be going on the 13th and the 20th and we are looking for a hotel in
Long Beach where we can leave our car.

Old December 2nd, 2003, 02:13 PM
Thomas Smith

See if you can get a car from a car rental company that has a counter at the
Long Beach airport. You can drop your car off there and take a taxi.

Tom Smith

Old December 3rd, 2003, 11:41 AM
Michael Samuel

Hi,
We did the same thing on 1st November when we cruised on the Star Princess
to Australia.

We got a shuttle bus from Anaheim to the cruise terminal. Wife, myself and
lots of baggage. $50 and a few extra bucks tip for the driver.

Old December 4th, 2003, 12:28 AM
KeithF4281

We will be going on the 13th and the 20th and we are looking for a hotel in
Long Beach where we can leave our car

The Long Beach Hilton. Has a stay and cruise package, and include a lift to
and from the cruise terminal (by either a hotel Suburban or by cab). Used them
last month, worked well. I also notice that the San Pedro/LA Harbor Sheraton
shuttle van was dropping off passengers. The Hilton is fairly close to the
terminal - not exactly walking distance, but close.

Regards, Keith
Old December 4th, 2003, 06:31 AM
steve

traffic worst than ever around la long beach would``nt rentacar just
give u a big headache id pay the money for super shuttle or
primetime shuttle