Mariner of The Seas vs. Ocean Liners of The Past

Old January 4th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 12:48:45 GMT, Benjamin Smith wrote:

My issue is the stern space that I used to enjoy is now
used for balconies.

My issue is that there are not enough ships with stern balconies.
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 21:43:35 -0500, Charles wrote:

I like Dockers.

What a surprise.
Old January 4th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Old January 4th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Chrissy Cruiser

Old January 4th, 2005, 03:23 PM
Benjamin Smith

Charles wrote:
In article j8nCd.14964$hc7.2673@trnddc06, Jeff Coudriet
wrote:

I hate Dockers!

I like Dockers.

What I like about Dockers vs. jeans is there's more variety of color
and texture.

Although I'm still a big fan of my black suits, not
that is all that I wear of course to work, but they always look

great.

At funerals......

When I was aboard the Century I attended a clothes to person match
demonstration. The idea was that certain people's features/skin tones,
etc., matched a season. So, some colors worked well with people
designated as a season and others did not. Black is considered a
neutral by many, and slimming by many. That's what I think the
attraction is for a good amount of woman, many of whom wish to look
slimmer than they are (even very slim ones). For men, black and grey
are popular for suits with ties and sometimes hankerchiefs or shirts
adding some punch to the suit. Sometimes the fabrics and patterns of
the suits add punch, but it depends on whether the suit is for
businesswear or dresswear how pronounced the patterns or sheen may be.
The danger of wearing any one color or fabric is that in groups, people
tend to look like they are in uniforms, and nobody really stands out.

The clothing demonstration revealed that clothes can indeed complement
people's appearance or take away from their appearance and one color or
type of fabric doesn't work with everybody. Certain colors can make
people's eyes pop, or accentuate their cheekbones, etc. where other
colors can make them appear washed out, older, frumpy, etc. So, the
basic black doesn't necessarily work on some people and doesn't slim
everyone. Jeans don't work on all people, at least in terms of
accentuating their appearance, just due to their color and fabric
patterns and the worn look that they get with repeated washes and wear.

So, black is fine. For some. Dockers are fine, for some. Jeans are OK,
but at this point I'd argue they are default wear, quite uninteresting
and people look very uniformed when all are wearing them (unless they
are carefully cut and/or accentated by another article of clothing).
Like many things, what works best is a match to the person. And many
times it takes other eyes to assist the buyer, or knowledgeable eyes to
steer them.

Ben S.

--
Charles

Old January 4th, 2005, 03:32 PM
Benjamin Smith

All of the latest generation ships from the mainstream cruise lines
have stern balconies. So, you won't have this issue for long. However,
for those of that want public stern space, from promenade to upper deck
levels, will have to sail on mid 90s vintage ships and earlier. That's
OK for now. But sooner or later, those ships will be retired or
transferred, and that option won't be available.

Old January 4th, 2005, 04:24 PM
SJF

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article j8nCd.14964$hc7.2673@trnddc06, Jeff Coudriet
wrote:

I hate Dockers!

I like Dockers.

What are Dockers? (Shows ignorance..but pleads "I am not American"!)

--
SJF