hongkong

Old June 16th, 2005, 03:23 PM
louie

Default hongkong

Hi! my family is looking for a nice and memorable trip in hongkong this
Dec. 23 to 26, 2005. I want a clean and safe hotel or hostel that we
can stay. We are 9 adults and 3 kids. Hope you can help me. We want to
fly by PAL. By the way the kids are 11 y/o, 7 y/o and 1 y/o. Thanks.

Old June 16th, 2005, 04:20 PM
PeterL

louie wrote:
Hi! my family is looking for a nice and memorable trip in hongkong this
Dec. 23 to 26, 2005. I want a clean and safe hotel or hostel that we
can stay. We are 9 adults and 3 kids. Hope you can help me. We want to
fly by PAL. By the way the kids are 11 y/o, 7 y/o and 1 y/o. Thanks.

That's high tourist season. Sometimes you can get a package deal with
airfare and hotels together. Check with a travel agent to see if
that's offered. Also check www.asiahotels.com.

Old June 16th, 2005, 04:49 PM
louie

Tnx. I will do that right now.

Old June 18th, 2005, 03:24 AM
treknepal

Dear: Sir/Madam
Greeting from Nepal

This is Krishna Bahadur Adhikari from Nepal and I am team leader since
seven year in this travel and tourism industries, so I got many more
experience from my abilities and recognize to foreigner who visit with me
in Nepal and they are truly positively glad with me and several
confidently recommend to other new client in my name and absolute service
but only people know my service when they trust me and adjust with me.
Hopefully I am your additional helper from Nepal sector and try to survey
my service.

Trekking is the emphasize of a visit to Nepal on account of the wide range
of geographical features; the country nurtures a variety of vegetation and
landscape. In addition to the natural endowment is the rich Himalayan
culture. Thousand of visitors trek to different parts of Nepal every year
to experience its rustic charm of nature and culture. Most treks go
through areas, between 1000 to 3000 meters, although some popular parts
reach over 5000 meters.

We offer trekking (Teahouse and Camping), mountaineering, sight seeing,
tour, jungle safari, rock climbing, pilgrim’s tour and many more from my
effort. That’s wise I would like to request you assessment our country
once again and inquires me before you departure from you country.
Specially teahouse trekking route for only three region are famous in
Nepal that is Annapurna region (3 to 28 days), Everest region (6 to 30
days), Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu region (5 to 18 days) and between
these region habitually Annapurna well-known for teahouse in Nepal. My
contact details are below:

Krishna Bahadur Adhikari (Team Leader HMG No: 3505)
P.O.Box: 23044, Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal
Phone: 00977-1-2093348, 00977-1-4357463
E-mail: or

Your trust is my advancement method in Nepal then we well known to each
other through travel and tourism sector.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Your Sincerely
Krishna

Old June 19th, 2005, 10:10 AM
Ka Khiong Kwok

I'm going in about a couple of weeks (my wallet's already hurting - does
someone need a kdney?)
I'll grab some shots and post them up on the web when I get back.

Till then, start hunting. I actually got a fairly okay deal after some
searching.

Kind regards,

Ka Kwok

"louie" wrote in message
oups.com...
Tnx. I will do that right now.

Old June 20th, 2005, 09:47 AM
Sibylle Dussy

In article .com,
says...

Hi! my family is looking for a nice and memorable trip in hongkong this
Dec. 23 to 26, 2005. I want a clean and safe hotel or hostel that we
can stay. We are 9 adults and 3 kids. Hope you can help me. We want to
fly by PAL. By the way the kids are 11 y/o, 7 y/o and 1 y/o. Thanks.

Hi louie

Would you rather like to stay on more quiet HK Island or in bustling Kowloon
(where, unfortunately, the smog can get really bad)?

In our free Hong Kong travel guide, we maintain a hotel recommendation
section called "Hotels by Area" which evaluates the individual districts from
a tourist's point of view. If you are interested, have a look at

http://www.pmgeiser.ch/hongkong/inde...=Accommodation

During our Hong Kong holidays we stayed at the YMCA Salisbury at the very end
of Kowloon and enjoyed it very much (nice, simple rooms, very good service).
They also offer hostel rooms with more than two beds and are located right
next to the Avenue of Stars with it gorgeous view over Victoria Harbour.

Have a good trip!

Sibylle

___________________________
The Internet Travel Guide
http://www.pmgeiser.ch

Old June 25th, 2005, 05:09 AM
R N

We were there in Dec 2001 on a trip from the Philippines and the
Imperial Hotel in Kowloon didn't have any heat! A biy chilly at night.

Lots of hotels in Hong Kong and Kowloon of course. We were just a
couple blocks from the waterfront so it was easy to walk down to the
promenade / park in Kowloon.

I see you're only planning on staying from the 23rd - 26th of December.
Some vacation promo type flights arrive late and leave early cutting
your trip essentially to only one day!

If your time allows it, book a flight that arrives in HK as early as
possible on the 23rd and leaves late on the 26th. You'll at least get
some extra hours for your effort. I think we were at the hotel by about
noon and left about the same time.. It goes quickly!

We saw the Nutcracker Ballet at the Hong Kong Cultural Center (HKCC)
near out hotel. See if it's playing again while you're there. The
Nutcracker is a Christmas time must!

Plus the buildings in downtown HK are all lit up around Christmas time.
The view from the boardwalk at the end of Nathan Rd (same area as the
HKCC) looking over to HK city is just tremendous!

Be sure and go up Victoria Peak for the view.

Old June 27th, 2005, 01:20 AM

Why do you want to fly PAL? Their fares are rather high, their on-time
record is not great, and the way they treat their staff is appalling.

There are some good deals for Manila-Hong Kong flights on airlines like
Air France and Emirates. Since these 'planes are continuing on to
other destinations, only a small number of passengers will be
disembarking in Hong Kong, so you will get through Immigration quickly.
On PAL, all the passengers will be going to Hong Kong so you will have
a long wait to enter the SAR.

Other posters have mentioned the Salisbury YMCA, which does indeed have
a near-perfect location. Since you are a fairly large family you might
consider getting a suite there -- space for all of you and
super-luxurious, but not exactly cheap.

You might enjoy staying on one of the outer islands -- Lamma is
beautiful and peaceful, and just 45 minutes by boat from the city
centre.

Old June 27th, 2005, 05:15 AM
R N

Seems the HK YMCA has a promo going on: