Angkor Wat

Old November 13th, 2005, 11:33 PM
JE

Default Angkor Wat

Sunday 21 November I'll be in Bangkok, I like to go to Angkor Wat in
Cambodia but I have to be back in Bangkok on 25 November. Bangkok airways
charges too much, would it be possible to go overland, what would it cost
me, and where to book (no unreliable Khao San road travel-agency)

Old November 14th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Andy Weaks

JE wrote:

Sunday 21 November I'll be in Bangkok, I like to go to Angkor Wat in
Cambodia but I have to be back in Bangkok on 25 November. Bangkok airways
charges too much, would it be possible to go overland, what would it cost
me, and where to book (no unreliable Khao San road travel-agency)

too much time traveling on the road, go ahead and spend the money, it is
worth it. Trust me. It is one of the most amazing places in the world.
You will not be disappointed.
Old November 14th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 00:33:06 +0100, the renowned "JE" biancootje
wrote:

Sunday 21 November I'll be in Bangkok, I like to go to Angkor Wat in
Cambodia but I have to be back in Bangkok on 25 November. Bangkok airways
charges too much, would it be possible to go overland, what would it cost
me, and where to book (no unreliable Khao San road travel-agency)

I've never done it this way, but here's a web page on the overland
journey:

http://www.talesofasia.com/cambodia-...kksr-intro.htm

Angkor is *definitely* worth visiting.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old November 14th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Stimp

On Sun, 13 Nov 2005 JE biancootje wrote:
Sunday 21 November I'll be in Bangkok, I like to go to Angkor Wat in
Cambodia but I have to be back in Bangkok on 25 November. Bangkok airways
charges too much, would it be possible to go overland, what would it cost
me, and where to book (no unreliable Khao San road travel-agency)

well the agency I booked my road trip across to Siem Reep with was on
Khao San road, and I had no problems.

It's a day trip there.. and probably a day trip back... so looking at
your schedule:

21 Nov .. head off to Siem Reep (early).. arrive at night.

22 Nov - 23 Nov .. spend at Angkor Wat (although Ta Prom is a better
temple imho)

24 Nov head back to Bangkok.. arrive at night

25 Nov leave bangkok

It's possible, but it's dependant on you getting a ticke to Siem Reep on
21st Nov.. if you are ARRIVING on the 21st, that'll only give you 1 day
to spend in Siem Reep, so I would recommend buying a plane ticket if you
can (much more comfortable too)

--

"I hear ma train a comin'
.... hear freedom comin"

Old November 14th, 2005, 09:51 AM
massagelondon

Default HTTP://MASSAGETHAI.INFO MASAZ TAJSKI WARSZAWA MASSA

there are other budget airlines around flying from Thailand, Bangkok
to Cambodia - check them all.

There is a good travel agency on Soi Rambutree, close to Khaosan Rd,
called 'AB' - they will help you if you can't find info on the net.

Failing to fly to Angkor Wat try Taling Chan floating market in
Bangkok on the other side of the Chao Phraya river. You can find here
nice homestay accommodation as well as good quality massage therapy
schools and massage therapy salons

JEwrote:

Sunday 21 November I'll be in Bangkok, I like to go to Angkor Wat in

Cambodia but I have to be back in Bangkok on 25 November. Bangkok

airways
charges too much, would it be possible to go overland, what would it

cost
me, and where to book (no unreliable Khao San road travel-agency)

-------------= Posted from Ugroups.com =-------------
---= Fast & Free Web Portal to Usenet Newsgroups =---
-------------= http://www.ugroups.com/ =-------------

Old November 14th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Alfred Molon

In article , "JE"
biancootje says...
Sunday 21 November I'll be in Bangkok, I like to go to Angkor Wat in
Cambodia but I have to be back in Bangkok on 25 November. Bangkok airways
charges too much, would it be possible to go overland, what would it cost
me, and where to book (no unreliable Khao San road travel-agency)

See our travelogue and photos:
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Cambodia/2000/
http://www.molon.de/galleries/Cambodia/

The bottom line is that if you only have less than four days, doing the
trip overland makes no sense, as it will take a full day to get from
Bangkok to Siem Reap. You'll need at least three days in Siem Reap.
--

Alfred Molon
http://www.molon.de - 6000 photos from Asia, Africa and Europe
Old November 14th, 2005, 01:17 PM
FG©2005

JE wrote:
Sunday 21 November I'll be in Bangkok, I like to go to Angkor Wat in
Cambodia but I have to be back in Bangkok on 25 November. Bangkok airways
charges too much, would it be possible to go overland, what would it cost
me, and where to book (no unreliable Khao San road travel-agency)

forget overland all together [especally from KSR!].
even if you had to pay for the air ticket 2x more
you wouldNOT regret it. i promise you. forget NG
and Discover channels too. nothing can prepare you
for such a breathtaking sight. none! your heart
will race, your eyes will moisten, your chest will
tighten....

go now. go.....NOW. [before it all goes to hell]