WN new price policy

Old November 8th, 2007, 04:46 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
Duh_OZ

Default WN new price policy

Holy sheet - don't think I'll be repeating my (MDW-LAS) $138.80 R/T
on SWA anytime soon.

Old November 8th, 2007, 07:18 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
DocDice

On Nov 8, 11:46 am, Duh_OZ wrote:
Holy sheet - don't think I'll be repeating my (MDW-LAS) $138.80 R/T
on SWA anytime soon.

Expect airline pricing to only go higher as we continue to compete
with China for the same oil.

Old November 8th, 2007, 07:38 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
flip

DocDice wrote:
On Nov 8, 11:46 am, Duh_OZ wrote:
Holy sheet - don't think I'll be repeating my (MDW-LAS) $138.80 R/T
on SWA anytime soon.

Expect airline pricing to only go higher as we continue to compete
with China for the same oil.

I suppose that means flights from China to Vegas are going up too.
--flip,
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:42 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message .com
DocDice wrote:

On Nov 8, 11:46 am, Duh_OZ wrote:
Holy sheet - don't think I'll be repeating my (MDW-LAS) $138.80 R/T
on SWA anytime soon.

Expect airline pricing to only go higher as we continue to compete
with China for the same oil.

Not only that, but with a substantial portion of oil being imported, as
the US dollar tanks, prices go up and up even if oil prices globally are
stable.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Old November 8th, 2007, 09:04 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
me[_5_]

On Nov 8, 2:42 pm, DevilsPGD wrote:
In message .com

DocDice wrote:
On Nov 8, 11:46 am, Duh_OZ wrote:
Holy sheet - don't think I'll be repeating my (MDW-LAS) $138.80 R/T
on SWA anytime soon.

Expect airline pricing to only go higher as we continue to compete
with China for the same oil.

Not only that, but with a substantial portion of oil being imported, as
the US dollar tanks, prices go up and up even if oil prices globally are
stable.

I am a bit curious to breakout the actual rise in the price of oil,
separate from the fall of the dollar.

Old November 8th, 2007, 09:57 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
James Robinson

me wrote:

I am a bit curious to breakout the actual rise in the price of oil,
separate from the fall of the dollar.

Perhaps this partially answers your question:

http://europe.theoildrum.com/node/3106

It has graphs showing the price of a barrel of oil in various currencies.
You can see how the price in the US jumped from $50 a barrel to almost $100
a barrel over the past year, for a 100 percent increase.

In contrast, the price in Euros went from 40 a barrel to only 65 or so, for
a 63 percent increase.

The price in Canadian Dollars went from $60 to $88, for a 47 percent
increase.
Old November 9th, 2007, 12:58 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
Duh_OZ

On Nov 8, 1:18 pm, DocDice wrote:
On Nov 8, 11:46 am, Duh_OZ wrote:

Holy sheet - don't think I'll be repeating my (MDW-LAS) $138.80 R/T
on SWA anytime soon.

Expect airline pricing to only go higher as we continue to compete
with China for the same oil.

==========
I was referring to their new 3 tier price structure. IIRC they had
a 5 tier before? I'll probably have to scrap Fri - Mon flights, or
book them ASAP, otherwise it will be $500+ for a R/T. MDW is only
a 15 - 20 minute ride, compared to a 40 - 60 for ORD but may have to
go that route if I can save $100+.

Old November 9th, 2007, 02:21 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

DocDice wrote:
On Nov 8, 11:46 am, Duh_OZ wrote:
Holy sheet - don't think I'll be repeating my (MDW-LAS) $138.80 R/T
on SWA anytime soon.

Expect airline pricing to only go higher as we continue to compete
with China for the same oil.

Not only that, but with a substantial portion of oil being imported, as
the US dollar tanks, prices go up and up even if oil prices globally are
stable.

I am a bit curious to breakout the actual rise in the price of oil,
separate from the fall of the dollar.

I couldn't find any good stats, but what I can tell you is that in
Alberta (Canada, for the geographically challenged), gas at the pump was
probably around $0.90 in the spring, rose to $1.10 or so, and is back to
$0.95 right now.

Not quite on topic, but hopefully a useful stat.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Old November 9th, 2007, 03:33 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
dr. Baf

On Nov 8, 6:21 pm, DevilsPGD wrote:

I couldn't find any good stats, but what I can tell you
is that in Alberta (Canada, for the geographically challenged),
gas at the pump was probably around $0.90 in the spring,
rose to $1.10 or so, and is back to $0.95 right now.

Not quite on topic, but hopefully a useful stat.

--

If I'm not mistaken that is for a liter of gas, even though
the Imperial gallon is 5 liters, lets just multiply it by

dr. Baf

Old November 9th, 2007, 03:47 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
EVIL ELVIS ®

On Nov 8, 7:21 pm, DevilsPGD wrote:

(Canada, for the geographically challenged)

Canada? Where's that? :)

--EE--