WN new price policy

Old November 9th, 2007, 04:04 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

Default WN new price policy

In message . com EVIL
ELVIS ® wrote:

On Nov 8, 7:21 pm, DevilsPGD wrote:

(Canada, for the geographically challenged)

Canada? Where's that? :)

Just think of it this way, we're bigger and we're on top.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:04 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message . com "dr.
Baf" wrote:

If I'm not mistaken that is for a liter of gas, even though
the Imperial gallon is 5 liters, lets just multiply it by
four, so gas is approximately $3.80 an American
gallon, plus or minus a couple ounces.

Correct. However, since taxes and currency is different, it's not an
entirely fair comparison (although it's fairly close these days)

More important is the percentage of increase vs decrease from an
arbitrary point in the past. In short, we're close to the price of
earlier this year.

--
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than just a kind word.
Old November 9th, 2007, 04:05 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
CLM in ND

EVIL ELVIS ® wrote:

Canada? Where's that? :)

--EE--

Why, it's the land of hockey, whisky (that's how they spell it), &
ginger ale. Located due north.

Cameron

Old November 9th, 2007, 04:27 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
Rick Blaine

Duh_OZ wrote:

I was referring to their new 3 tier price structure. IIRC they had
a 5 tier before?

They still do. It's just that they lump the fares into three buckets first.

--
"Tell me what I should do, Annie."
"Stay. Here. Forever." - Life On Mars
Old November 10th, 2007, 07:43 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
EVIL ELVIS ®

On Nov 8, 9:04 pm, DevilsPGD wrote:

Just think of it this way, we're bigger and we're on top.

You mean Canada is in Texas?

--EE--

Old November 10th, 2007, 07:44 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
EVIL ELVIS ®

On Nov 8, 9:05 pm, CLM in ND wrote:

Why, it's the land of hockey, whisky (that's how they spell it), &
ginger ale. Located due north.

Talk about whisky.... I drank a great sake last night called 'Dreamy
Clouds' from the Rihaku brewery. Good stuff.

--EE--

Old November 10th, 2007, 10:16 AM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
Marty Shapiro

"Chilly8" wrote in :

Vegas only has ONE runway, that could handle 747-400 or
A340 aircraft, needed for flights between vegas and China.
7L/25R, with a length of 14495 ft, is the only runway long
enough to handle 747 or A340 aircraft. A 747 needs at least
11,000 feet of runway for takeoff, so all the other runways
are not long enough.

Nonsense.

Instead of using your silly game, why don't you try looking at the
runway specifications for the 747 as provided by Boeing. If you had, you
would have known that a 747-400 can use a runway under 6,000' in some
conditions. You only need 7L/25R under max load and very high density
altitude conditions.

At SFO, you can watch 747's take off from 28L (10,602') and 1R
(8,646'). A friend took a great picture of one lifting off on 1R as I
overflew SFO at 3,500'. He was airborn by the middle of the intersection
of 1R with 28L and 28R, under 5,000' from the 1R threshold.

Zero wind, standard temperature, 0 gradient, 0' pressure altitude, a
747-400 with the CF6-80C2B1 engines can use a 6,500' runway at 700,000 lbs
and needs 10,500' at max gross. 7R/28L at LAS is long enough. The RB211-
524G2 engines require more runway at the higher take off weights, while the
PW4056 engines require less runway at the lower take off weights.

The aircraft will become airborn in significantly less distance than
the required runway.

The preliminary specs for the 747-8 show the same runway requirements.

--
Marty Shapiro
Silicon Rallye Inc.

(remove SPAMNOT to email me)
Old November 10th, 2007, 01:46 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
BOB

On Nov 8, 9:05 pm, CLM in ND wrote:
EVIL ELVIS ® wrote:

Canada? Where's that? :)

--EE--

Why, it's the land of hockey, whisky (that's how they spell it), &
ginger ale. Located due north.

Cameron

Just past a bunch of Dakotas.

Old November 10th, 2007, 02:36 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
Burt Cohen

Marty Shapiro wrote:
"Chilly8" wrote in :

[...]

Sure. But good luck using a LVA 2-4-1 on a T.I. 9/6 JOB.

-Burt

--
"I don't want to be your clown anymore. I don't want to do your donkey
work."

Binzer to Dan Tanna in Vega$ episode 19 "Doubtful Target"

Old November 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM posted to alt.vacation.las-vegas,rec.travel.air
John L

I couldn't find any good stats, but what I can tell you is that in
Alberta (Canada, for the geographically challenged), gas at the pump was
probably around $0.90 in the spring, rose to $1.10 or so, and is back to
$0.95 right now.

Not quite on topic, but hopefully a useful stat.

It'd be more useful for US readers if they knew that the price is per
litre.