Princess to Launch New ``Lotus Spas''!

Old October 30th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Princess to Launch New ``Lotus Spas''!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Princess and thought it would be of
interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Princess to Launch New ``Lotus Spas'' Aboard Two Ships Debuting Next
Spring

First Major Cruise Line to Manage Spa Operations In-House

SANTA CLARITA, CA Oct. 30, 2003 Princess Cruises
Spa Experience Aboard Caribbean Princess and Sapphire Princess to be
Uniquely Princess': Line Will Introduce New Products, Services and
Uniforms Created by Noted Fashion Designer Sue Wong
Princess to be First Cruise Line to Take Advance Reservations for Spa
Treatments; Appointments Made Easily On Line
When two of Princess' ships are launched next spring, a new sea-going
spa product will also debut, marking the first time a major cruise
line has created and operated its own onboard spas. The new "Lotus
Spaź" aboard Caribbean Princess and Sapphire Princess will feature an
array of renowned sea-based treatments and services designed for both
men and women, with even some special services for teens, plus custom
staff uniforms designed by noted L.A. fashion designer Sue Wong. And,
in an industry first, consumers will be able to make advance
reservations for spa treatments prior to their cruise through
Princess' web site.

The first new Lotus Spa will debut onboard Caribbean Princess in April
2004, and the second will launch on Sapphire Princess when the ship
enters service in May. The Steiner Corporation, with whom Princess has
had a long and successful history, will continue to operate the spas
on the remainder of the Princess fleet.

"With the introduction of Caribbean and Sapphire Princess we had the
opportunity to further enhance the onboard spa experience," explained
Jeff Kohl, Princess' Director of Spa Operations. "Our goal is to
create a sanctuary for our guests where relaxation and rejuvenation of
the body and mind come together in a warm, service-oriented
environment."

Kohl explained that the serenity of an Asian-themed spa setting has
been well received by Princess passengers, and this latest move is
designed to build upon that success. "It's very exciting to be able to
create a Princess-branded spa experience from the ground up. We were
able to assemble an impressive collection of some of the most exciting
products and treatments in the spa and beauty industries, plus add a
distinctive element of Asian flair to the experience with the
custom-designed uniforms by Sue Wong," Kohl said. "Combine all this
with a top-notch service credo of warmth and customer care, and we
expect our passengers will discover yet another new experience which
sets Princess apart."

Kohl, who is also President of the International SPA Association
(ISPA), says the organization commissioned a 2002 spa industry study
conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers that shows the dramatic increase
of spa-going consumers -- a 71 percent increase in total spa visits
between 1999 and 2001. "The industry numbers, along with our own
results, show that the spa experience is growing in importance as a
leisure activity. And we want to provide to our passengers the most
innovative, pampering and rejuvenating spa experience possible," he
said.

High Style on the High Seas

Princess has tapped noted L.A. fashion designer Sue Wong, known for
her silky, hand-beaded and hand-painted evening wear, to bring some
distinctly Asian fashion flair to the new Lotus Spas. Wong's creations
regularly appear in fashion magazines outfitting the many celebrities
who are taken with her stylish designs. Wong, whose Chinese name
coincidentally is "Lotus," will design and manufacture the uniforms
worn by all members of the spa staff, from the managers to the
estheticians.

Advance Reservations an Industry First

With the debut of the new Lotus Spas, Princess becomes the only cruise
line to offer its passengers the ability to conveniently make
reservations for spa treatments in advance of their cruise. The New
Lotus Spa reservation system, accessed through Princess' web site,
will begin accepting bookings in February 2004 for the Caribbean and
Sapphire Princess sailings beginning with their inaugural voyages.

"The technology and back-of-house support behind accepting advance spa
reservations is quite complex, but we placed a high priority on making
this possible since we know that getting the appointments they wish at
the time they would like is an important part of the cruise vacation
experience for many of our passengers," said Kohl. "We're delighted to
break new ground with this service, and we're sure our spa guests are
going to love the convenience of booking their treatments before they
even step aboard."

Treatments to Relax and Rejuvenate

These Princess-created and operated spas will feature an innovative
menu of treatments, including the distinctive "rasul experience," an
eastern combination of healing muds, steam and dry heat in a private
sauna and steam suite for couples, plus new offerings especially
designed for teens, and for men as well.

According to the 2002 ISPA study, men make up 29 percent of spa-goers,
and 14 percent are young adults in the 14-24 year age bracket. "It
makes sense that we would welcome both of these groups into our spas
by designing treatments just for them," said Kohl. The new men's
section includes five special treatments including an Aromatic Pine
Sea Scrub, Muscle Thermal Repair and Fitness Massage, Cool Marine
Facial and Massage, and an AromaVedic Manicure or Pedicure. On the
menu for teens are a body polish and tanning, facials, manicures and
pedicures.

The wide array of facials, body treatments and massages will include
treatments to relax, exfoliate, hydrate, nourish, soothe and firm.
Besides being made from natural ingredients, many of which have been
derived from the sea, most treatments include an aromatherapy
component. There's even a Golden Sun Kiss tanning treatment for
passengers who want a tan but are conscious about the harmful effects
of the sun's rays.

Special Touches Enhance Spa Visits

It won't be only the treatments and products that will set the new
Lotus Spas apart. Special touches will enhance a passenger's spa
visit, such as enjoying a live string quartet during yoga or Pilates
lessons in the Lotus Spa fitness center. Smoothies and energy drinks,
a signature Lotus Spa drink and spa snacks will also be featured, and
at the conclusion of each treatment guests will receive a special
thank you gift. A signature Lotus Spa fragrance will also debut.

Products Celebrate Therapeutic Powers of the Ocean

A special element of the new Lotus Spas will be the treatment products
exclusive to Princess, supplied by Phytomer, a French company who will
bring their 30 years of experience as worldwide experts in
marine-based cosmetics. With the company name literally meaning "plant
of the sea," Phytomer researches and develops products that include
vital sea elements -- their high-tech, natural products have at their
core a unique seawater concentrate that is the foundation of their
product lines. Found in prestigious resorts and spas around the world,
Phytomer's wide range of award-winning products, combined with special
training of all spa staff, are designed to regenerate and protect the
skin, and relax the body and mind.

Carita Paris will be featured in the hair salon of the new Lotus Spas.
The company is known for combining science with fragrance and texture,
to create some of the most sought-after products in the beauty
industry. In the 1960s, the founders of the line revolutionized the
way the world looked at hair and, since then, Carita Paris has become
one of the top hair care lines in the world, with products found in
upscale stores, salons and resort spas.

Rounding out the product line, one of the best-known names in nail
care -- CreativeSpa -- has been selected to supply the manicure and
pedicure spa treatment line for the new Lotus Spas. Used at select
salons and destination spas, the products are made with natural
therapeutic marine ingredients such as botanicals and natural sea
extracts.

One of the best-known names in North American cruising, Princess
Cruises is a global cruise and tour company. Part of Carnival
Corporation and plc (NYSE:CCL; NYSE:CUK), its current fleet of 11
ships sail on approximately 150 different itineraries around the
globe, calling at more than 260 ports on all seven continents. By 2006
a further four ships will be introduced. Additional information is
available through a professional travel agent.

Princess Cruises is a proud member of World's Leading Cruise Lines.
Our exclusive alliance also includes Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland
America, Cunard Line, Costa Cruises, Windstar Cruises and The Yachts
of Seabourn. Sharing a passion to please each guest, and a commitment
to quality and value, our member lines appeal to a wide range of
lifestyles and budgets. Together we offer exciting and enriching
cruise vacations to the world's most desirable destinations.
Old October 30th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Bob Davis

Default Happy Ending?

Ray, can I make an advance reservation for a "happy ending" at one of
these spas? That would really aid my relaxation.
Old October 30th, 2003, 08:00 PM
Queen of Cruising

On 30 Oct 2003 10:55:03 -0800, (Bob Davis) wrote:

Ray, can I make an advance reservation for a "happy ending" at one of
these spas? That would really aid my relaxation.

Yes but at this point, I would eliminate Lori Cunningham as a possible
TA.
Old October 30th, 2003, 11:16 PM
Howard Garland

CupCaked wrote:

"Happy Ending"? Sounds like a funeral!

(First thing that came to mind, sorry)

It sure does.

Howard

Old October 31st, 2003, 01:23 PM
Susette405

"Happy Ending"? Sounds like a funeral!

SOunds like the ice cream you get at Friendlys!
Susette
Join us on our Annual Group Cruise 29Nov03 Navigator of the Seas
Check out our new website: www.cruiseoutlets.com
Old October 31st, 2003, 02:44 PM
Queen of Cruising

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 04:58:55 -0500, Howard Garland
wrote:

Howard - getting ready to hop on the elliptical and zone out listening
to Jim Morrison sing "The End."

Was at Miami Dade. You know nothing of Morrison.
Old October 31st, 2003, 05:14 PM
Mason Barge

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 05:57:46 -0800, Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

Princess to Launch New ``Lotus Spas'' Aboard Two Ships Debuting Next
Spring

First Major Cruise Line to Manage Spa Operations In-House

Oh boy, I wish I had seen this when you posted it, Ray. Steiner stock
is plummeting -- could have made a buck

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old October 31st, 2003, 05:33 PM
Ray Goldenberg

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:14:54 GMT, Mason Barge
wrote:

Oh boy, I wish I had seen this when you posted it, Ray. Steiner stock
is plummeting -- could have made a buck

Hi Mason,

I think this experiment by a Carnival subsidiary could prove to be
very significant to the future of Steiner.