Opinions on Mediterranean cruises?

Old December 20th, 2003, 02:13 AM
RiWelsh

Default Opinions on Mediterranean cruises?

For July 2004 I am looking at Celebrity Galaxy, Celebrity Millenium, Royal
Caribbean Brilliance of the Sea, or the Princess lines Star Princess. We
will have 10 people, ages 10,11,16,18, 5 adults in their 40's and 1 age 60.

All 4 cruises are 11-12 days with similar ports of call. Any
recommendations/opinions among the above? What are the not to be missed
excursions in the Western Med? Thanks for any help.

Old December 20th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Cathy Kearns

"RiWelsh" wrote in message
For July 2004 I am looking at Celebrity Galaxy, Celebrity Millenium, Royal
Caribbean Brilliance of the Sea, or the Princess lines Star Princess.

We
will have 10 people, ages 10,11,16,18, 5 adults in their 40's and 1 age

60.

All 4 cruises are 11-12 days with similar ports of call. Any
recommendations/opinions among the above? What are the not to be missed
excursions in the Western Med? Thanks for any help.

We took a Med cruise on Hal a few years back with 2 kids
12 and 7 and both sets of grandparents in their 60s. I would
suggest starting or ending in Venice. Everyone loves Venice,
it's much different than anywhere else. The cruise we were on
ended in Barcelona, and since then we and the girls spent a week
in Rome. I'd say pick embarking or disembarking in Barcelona
is more fun than Rome, just because Barcelona is so joyful. But
if you've never seen Rome, a day on a port stop won't do. We
liked Nice, but I knew my way around there before, and it could
have been their favorite port stop because we didn't take a tour.
The adults thought Ephesus had the best ruins, those
Naples/Pompeii were pretty good too.

Old December 20th, 2003, 10:15 AM
Brenda

We did Venice-Barcelona on the Golden Princess last May. It was the
perfect cruise, much better than doing it reverse. Nice mix of ages
onboard * everyone was having a freat time til we hit Turkey instead
of Rome. Too many assaulted or robbed there.

Old December 20th, 2003, 09:05 PM
JJ

With 5 people 18 or under I'd opt for the RCI ship which caters to a more
active crowd. johnny

Old December 21st, 2003, 03:53 AM
Tom & Linda

Europe will most likely be long days in port with lots of activity all
day.

The ship's activities will probably be secondary with a Med sailing.

I would opt for the better food.

--Tom

Old December 22nd, 2003, 04:24 PM
Mario

Greetings from Italy !

For cruisers coming to Italy I suggest to visit Rome.
The excursion from Civitavecchia port to Rome will take about 10
hours. The driving time from Civitavecchia to Rome is about 90
minutes.
The best itinerary is: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's
Basilica, Vittoriano, Roman forum, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps,
Pantheon, Piazza Navona , Colosseum.

You can purchase the excursion to Rome through the ship company. In
this case you will go to Rome together with other cruisers by large
buses - 50/70 seats

Otherwise, you can book a private excursion to Rome with a limousine
company. In this case you might customize the itinerary and you will
go to Rome by a private minivan/minibus.

Best regards.

Mario
Italy
www.idealimousines.com
+ 39 349 4427219

Old December 23rd, 2003, 09:38 AM
Mario

The posted message is not spamming and it's not an advertisement as it
does not include offers to the cruisers.
Anyway, please avoid to insult anyone because the next time I'll write
to your Internet Service Provider - hotmail.com - informing him that
you are using your email address to insult
people in the cyberspace.

Mario
www.idealimousines.com

Cruising Chrissy wrote in message . ..
On 22 Dec 2003 08:24:55 -0800, (Mario) wrote:

The excursion from Civitavecchia port to Rome will take about 10
hours.

Turtleback?

The driving time from Civitavecchia to Rome is about 90
minutes.

Do you know anyone who could possibly drive us there?

Anyone?

The best itinerary is: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's
Basilica, Vittoriano, Roman forum, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps,
Pantheon, Piazza Navona , Colosseum.

You can purchase the excursion to Rome through the ship company. In
this case you will go to Rome together with other cruisers by large
buses - 50/70 seats

Buses take ten hours, huh? Are they driving backwards?

Otherwise, you can book a private excursion to Rome with a limousine
company.

Do you know anyone who could possibly drive us there?

Anyone?

In this case you might customize the itinerary and you will
go to Rome by a private minivan/minibus.

Do you know anyone who could possibly drive us there?

Anyone?

Spamming, idiotic advertiser,

Super Mario
Italy's Imbecile Of The Year