What's the best journey you've taken so far within the US & Canada?

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:49 AM

Alan S a =E9crit :

On 10 Oct 2005 22:19:22 -0700, wrote:

What's been so far, the best journey that you've taken in or within the
US and Canada=20

The taxi ride to the airport when I left.

G;

Old October 11th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Sean

No, I'm planning on travelling overseas next year and am not sure on
where to go.

Old October 11th, 2005, 11:32 PM
Keith W

"Sean" wrote in message
oups.com...
No, I'm planning on travelling overseas next year and am not sure on
where to go.

Its an impossible question to answer.

The first time I saw the Grand Canyon was a true 'Would
you look at that' moment but the so was driving up to Crater Lake
in the fall and looking into that magnificent view.

I'm not great one for cities but there's something magical
about NYC and San Francisco while New Orleans was
fantastic, but then I'm a jazz fan.

I suppose my all time favourite has to be the trip I made
this year when I drove from Calgary to Fairbanks Alaska
along the Alaskan Highway and then came back on the ferry
through the inside passage. But then I'd sooner cook a
steak over a barbecue in the woods than eat in a fancy
restaurant.

Keith

Old October 12th, 2005, 12:17 AM
DDT Filled Mormons

On 11 Oct 2005 14:08:55 -0700, "Sean" wrote:

No, I'm planning on travelling overseas next year and am not sure on
where to go.

Then you need to be a little more specific about your interests and
what you want to get out of it.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old October 12th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Keith W

"DDT Filled Mormons" wrote in
message ...
On Tue, 11 Oct 2005 23:32:22 +0100, "Keith W"
wrote:

"Sean" wrote in message
groups.com...
No, I'm planning on travelling overseas next year and am not sure on
where to go.

Its an impossible question to answer.

The first time I saw the Grand Canyon was a true 'Would
you look at that' moment but the so was driving up to Crater Lake
in the fall and looking into that magnificent view.

The most mind blowing thing I have ever seen were the rock formations
in Cappadocia, Turkey. You can only say 'wow' so many times, but this
was truly worthy. Have any of you other regulars been there?

Cant say I have

Outside of Europe it gets harder, but much of Asia is astonishing
beyond belief, and cannot be adequately described in words or
pictures.
--

Keith

Old October 13th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Jack Campin - bogus address

Default What's the best journey you've taken so far within the US & Canada?

The most mind blowing thing I have ever seen were the rock formations
in Cappadocia, Turkey. You can only say 'wow' so many times, but this
was truly worthy. Have any of you other regulars been there?

Yes - as a natural phenomenon it is amazing, but the "fairy chimney"
houses are completely eclipsed by the rock city of Hasankeyf (300
miles east). I have a zillion photos of it that I'll put up on the
web when I find a way of getting the space for free (meanwhile try
www.hasankeyfim.com, it gives some idea).

The most mindblowing natural phenomenon I've ever seen was a Brocken
Spectre when I was alone on a Scottish mountain ridge. Looking down
into a gully filled with cold mist, the sun behind me; my shadow fell
on the mist surrounded by a brilliant halo of rainbows and when I held
my arms out, they shadowed the rainbow disc like enormous dark angel
wings. You can't predict these, I may never see another one.