Celebrity Millennium Entertainment

Old November 30th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Bisous3

Default Celebrity Millennium Entertainment

I just returned and as promised, am posting my thougths on the Celebrity shows.
In a word, lame. I am a choreographer/dance teacher and realize I can be more
critical than most, but Jean Valjean in silver lame? Irish step danicng to
Copeland's "Rodeo"? I've seen better choreography in dance recitals. Dancers
mugged so much I thought I was watching ESPN competitive cheerleading. Singers
were great, but the girls wore the same tacky hairpieces in every show.
Celebrity:
Fire your choreogrpaher, shoot your costume designer.
Suzanne
Old December 1st, 2003, 12:19 AM
Howard Garland

Bisous3 wrote:

I just returned and as promised, am posting my thougths on the Celebrity shows.
In a word, lame. I am a choreographer/dance teacher and realize I can be more
critical than most, but Jean Valjean in silver lame? Irish step danicng to
Copeland's "Rodeo"?

lol!

I've seen better choreography in dance recitals. Dancers
mugged so much I thought I was watching ESPN competitive cheerleading.

lol!

Singers
were great, but the girls wore the same tacky hairpieces in every show.
Celebrity:
Fire your choreogrpaher, shoot your costume designer.
Suzanne

You should see the sets on the Mercury shows. They hung up 3 bedsheets
in different spots on the stage and projected some cheesy images on them.

Howie

Old December 1st, 2003, 01:27 AM
Becca

Bisous3 wrote:

Celebrity:
Fire your choreogrpaher, shoot your costume designer.
Suzanne

People tell me that Celebrity's entertainment has improved. I was not
impressed with the entertainment on the Mercury, but that was five
years ago. Things change and I hope Celebrity is improving.

What was really pitiful, was their lunch buffet. Can you tell us if
their lunch buffet has improved? Is alternative dining available at
night? So, when is your next cruise?

Becca -----maybe I will try the Galaxy next year...

GGC http://www.ggc2004.com/
Norwegian Dawn http://www.cruisemaster.com/dawn.htm
Sleazy3 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy3.htm
MOAGC http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com/
Old December 1st, 2003, 01:43 AM
Charles

In article , Becca
wrote:

What was really pitiful, was their lunch buffet. Can you tell us if
their lunch buffet has improved? Is alternative dining available at
night? So, when is your next cruise?

Becca -----maybe I will try the Galaxy next year...

If you thought Mercury's lunch buffet was pitiful you are not going to
like Galaxy's. It was lousy last April. Except for the desserts. And
Ice Cream. On Galaxy there is alternative dining at the lido for a $5
cover charge. Ick. However that said, Becca, you should book Galaxy. I
thought it was a great ship. I would like to get in another cruise on
her next April before she heads out your way.

--
Charles
Old December 1st, 2003, 02:45 AM
Bisous3

The buffet was fair to middling. Certainly nothing to write home about. I never
ate there, only in the Metropolitan dining room. I don't do buffets. The sushi
wasn't too hot either. They had casual dining, but you had to reserve
beforehand. The food in the Metro and Olympic was outstanding.
Hoping to cruise again in the spring.
Suzanne
Old December 1st, 2003, 04:54 AM

I like Celebrity but don't go for the shows! The only really great shows
(on ships) were on NCL & COSTA! The worst was ROYAL Princess.
BILL

Old December 1st, 2003, 11:58 AM
MJDEEG

I am at a loss to understand the thinking of both Becca and George. If you are
really NOT satisfied with the Celebrity product, why are you both talking about
booking another Celebrity cruise at the bottom of you posts??? Not criticizing.
Just really don't understand.
Happy Cruisin'
Mark
Home Port:
Monmouth County,NJ.
Old December 1st, 2003, 12:01 PM
Benjamin Smith

Bisous3 wrote:
I just returned and as promised, am posting my thougths on the Celebrity shows.
In a word, lame. I am a choreographer/dance teacher and realize I can be more
critical than most, but Jean Valjean in silver lame? Irish step danicng to
Copeland's "Rodeo"? I've seen better choreography in dance recitals. Dancers
mugged so much I thought I was watching ESPN competitive cheerleading. Singers
were great, but the girls wore the same tacky hairpieces in every show.
Celebrity:
Fire your choreogrpaher, shoot your costume designer.
Suzanne

I believe each ship has their own choreographer, not sure about costume
designers. I don't think entertainment is just showroom entertainment.
What about the quality of their various bands? a capella group if there
was one? organized activities?

I haven't been terribly impressed with most showroom entertainment on ships.

Ben S.

Old December 1st, 2003, 12:07 PM
Benjamin Smith

Charles wrote:
In article , Becca
wrote:

What was really pitiful, was their lunch buffet. Can you tell us if
their lunch buffet has improved? Is alternative dining available at
night? So, when is your next cruise?

Becca -----maybe I will try the Galaxy next year...

If you thought Mercury's lunch buffet was pitiful you are not going to
like Galaxy's. It was lousy last April.

Last April. Food is NOT a constant on any ship, including selection and
quality. It is not the siser *ship* that determines the quality of
anything, it is the crew on that ship at a given time. The ships have
almost the same facilities to produce whatever is produced.

Except for the desserts. And
Ice Cream. On Galaxy there is alternative dining at the lido for a $5
cover charge. Ick. However that said, Becca, you should book Galaxy. I
thought it was a great ship. I would like to get in another cruise on
her next April before she heads out your way.

I don't think Becca should book the Galaxy or anything Celebrity.
Celebrity is just not her line.

Ben

Old December 1st, 2003, 12:22 PM
Howard Garland

Benjamin Smith wrote:

I don't think Becca should book the Galaxy or anything Celebrity.
Celebrity is just not her line.

Ben

I really don't understand your reasoning, here, Ben. Just because she
may not like the entertainment (actually, I found the production show
entertainment on Galaxy during my last two cruises on the ship to be
very good), doesn't mean that there may not be other things on this line
that she really does like. Personally, I found their penthouse suite to
be unbeatable (but I haven't tried those Garden villas on NCL or those
enormous accommodations on the QM2) and their royal suite was not too
shabby, either. And there are many other things that I really like
about Celebrity and every other cruise line.

Howie