Accomodation HELP!

Old March 11th, 2004, 01:57 AM
bbc

Default Accomodation HELP!

I would stay in Sydney for more than 1 month, the Motel/Hostel within the
city area is too expensive, is there any convenient and economic
accomodation around the peripheral/suburban area (reaching the city within
1 hour by public transport)
thanks

Old March 11th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Peter Webb

"vicki Steven" wrote in message
.. .
in article , bbc at
wrote on 11/3/04 2:57 PM:

I would stay in Sydney for more than 1 month, the Motel/Hostel within

the
city area is too expensive, is there any convenient and economic
accomodation around the peripheral/suburban area (reaching the city

within
1 hour by public transport)
thanks

Lots of people find Lane Cove National park to be convenient. I'm not

sure
what sort of accommodation they have. It is only 13 Km from the city
centre. Further out but very much cheaper are places like Vineyard on the
Richmond train line where there are several holiday parks (A-Vina Van
Village springs to mind) - try
www.hawkesburyvalley.com.

Huh? My house backs onto the Lane Cove National Park, and the only
accomodation I know of is an upmarket conference venue. Camping is not
permitted. God knows what lots of people find Lane Cove National Park to be
convenient for (jogging?).

Another cheap place is Penrith - again about 1 hr from the CBD but close

the Blue Mtns - and within range of the all day passes.- the local visitor
information centre will have a website. Will you be working in SYD or

just
on holiday?

Vicki

Believe me, you don't want to fly half way around the world to spend a month
in Penrith.

Old March 11th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Alan

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:43:43 +1100, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

Huh? My house backs onto the Lane Cove National Park, and the only
accomodation I know of is an upmarket conference venue. Camping is not
permitted. God knows what lots of people find Lane Cove National Park to be
convenient for (jogging?).

Try this: http://www.lanecoveriver.com/ ; rates at
http://www.lanecoveriver.com/3_rates.html . It's run by the NPWS.

I've stayed there several times as a caravanner. It's off Delhi road, in
the road beside the cemetary. Beautiful spot, the bus service is a bit
patchy but it's not a long walk to the main road for more frequent
services. Cab to Meadowbank ferry wharf is about $12, to the city is $20
to $30 depending on traffic and time of day.

We generally took the ferry in, to see the views on the harbour, and got
a cab back at night.

Amenities are OK, with coin laundry as well. Can't comment on the cabins
though.

Cheers, Alan

Old March 12th, 2004, 02:57 AM
Julie

The bus connects with the rail station. You can buy an all day ticket for
$13.00 approx. - good for buses, trains and ferries.

They do have a limit on the amount of time you can stay there.

Julie

Great place to stay - either in a caravan or cabin.

Old March 12th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Peter Webb

Well, f**k me, I apologise.

I drive around or walk through Lane Cove National Park every day of my life,
including driving up and down Delhi Rd every day, and didn't know there was
a caravan park there.

Old March 12th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Raffi Balmanoukian

in article , Peter Webb at
wrote on 3/12/04 8:25 AM:

Well, f**k me,

ewwwww!

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Alan

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004 23:25:00 +1100, "Peter Webb"
wrote:

Well, f**k me, I apologise.

I drive around or walk through Lane Cove National Park every day of my life,
including driving up and down Delhi Rd every day, and didn't know there was
a caravan park there.

No probs, but I'll decline the invitation :-)
Cheers, Alan