Public Outrage Forces Swedish Hotels To Put Bibles Back

Old December 1st, 2007, 02:38 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.nordic,alt.bible
Brian[_1_]

Default Public Outrage Forces Swedish Hotels To Put Bibles Back

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:28:30 -0600, "Mark K. Bilbo"
wrote:

Doofus, he's saying the guy who wrote the WSJ article is lying.

Get it?

I get that you're so stupid that you can't even follow posts. I wrote
the reference to the WSJ first and then the paranoid reply came later.

Is that a simple enough explanation for you?

Old December 1st, 2007, 02:57 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,alt.bible
Brian[_1_]

Default I've never seen a bible in any hotel room in Europe

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:25:51 -0600, "Mistylein"
wrote:

Do not even think that Roman Catholic is "Christian" in any way
shape or form.

Just because it is religious really is not authority to make it Christian.

In fact it is anitchristian!

Did Christianity cease to exist for hundreds of years after Christ
died?
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:18 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,alt.bible
Michael Gray

wrote:

Do not even think that Roman Catholic is "Christian" in any way
shape or form.

Just because it is religious really is not authority to make it Christian.

In fact it is anitchristian!

Did Christianity cease to exist for hundreds of years after Christ
died?

Christ never existed, let alone died.
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:15 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.nordic,alt.bible
brique

Bert Hyman wrote in message
(brique) wrote in
:

As for your additional commentary, when a search
using the key-words 'Stefan Jansson Sweden Hotels Bibles' fails to
turn up any more than the links I mentioned, I would suggest that
perhaps it is the search engines at fault.

Simply remove the name of the single person mentioned in the WSJ
article and you'll get about 82,000 hits this morning.

Then next time I will search three days later.......... and get probably
80,000 hits all about searching for the search,,,,,,,,

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN |

Old December 1st, 2007, 05:18 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,alt.bible
brique

news
wrote:

Do not even think that Roman Catholic is "Christian" in any way
shape or form.

Just because it is religious really is not authority to make it

Christian.

In fact it is anitchristian!

Did Christianity cease to exist for hundreds of years after Christ
died?

Is this the same non-christian christianity which 'saved' western
civilisation... or was that in an alternate reality. which is how
crazymother****er posts seem to work, each existing in its own little
cocoon....

Old December 1st, 2007, 09:18 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,alt.bible
Curly Surmudgeon[_2_]

On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 04:18:58 +0000, brique wrote:

news
wrote:

Do not even think that Roman Catholic is "Christian" in any way shape
or form.

Just because it is religious really is not authority to make it

Christian.

In fact it is anitchristian!

Did Christianity cease to exist for hundreds of years after Christ died?

Is this the same non-christian christianity which 'saved' western
civilisation... or was that in an alternate reality. which is how
crazymother****er posts seem to work, each existing in its own little
cocoon....

/s/cocoon/reality

Crazymother****ers live in alternate realities which overlap ours to a
great extent but contain some areas inaccessable to logical minds. We've
seen the examples here where crazymother****ers spout provably wrong
bull****. We call them on it, repeatedly. Then the crazymother****ers
repeat the same untruths again, and again, and again as if this is
going to convince anyone other than themselves.

Their bubble of space-time no doubt seems real to them, apparently, but
I'm at a complete loss as how to break them out of their madness.

If they were not so destructive to society as a whole I'd just let them
babble in tongues and go their guilt-ridden way however they wish to
modify _our_ reality into their madness.

We cannot let down our guard or the crazymother****ers take over. Witness
Bush...

-- Regards, Curly
https://thegreen.stanleylieber.com/

Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:34 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,alt.bible
Mistylein

news
wrote:

Do not even think that Roman Catholic is "Christian" in any way
shape or form.

Just because it is religious really is not authority to make it Christian.

In fact it is anitchristian!

Did Christianity cease to exist for hundreds of years after Christ
died?

Christianity is almost impossible to find today 2,000 years later.

Old December 2nd, 2007, 09:01 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,alt.bible
Michael Gray

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 00:34:05 -0600, "Mistylein"
wrote:

news
wrote:

Do not even think that Roman Catholic is "Christian" in any way
shape or form.

Just because it is religious really is not authority to make it Christian.

In fact it is anitchristian!

Did Christianity cease to exist for hundreds of years after Christ
died?

Christianity is almost impossible to find today 2,000 years later.

Eh?
Have you been on the herbs again?
2,000 years ago, Christianity had not been fabricated.
Old December 2nd, 2007, 10:49 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,alt.bible
Mistylein

"Michael Gray" wrote in message
On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 00:34:05 -0600, "Mistylein"
wrote:

news
wrote:

Do not even think that Roman Catholic is "Christian" in any way
shape or form.

Just because it is religious really is not authority to make it Christian.

In fact it is anitchristian!

Did Christianity cease to exist for hundreds of years after Christ
died?

Christianity is almost impossible to find today 2,000 years later.

Eh?
Have you been on the herbs again?
2,000 years ago, Christianity had not been fabricated.

Christianity never was fabricate.

However "they were first called Christian in Antioch if the Book of
Act is correct!

M,

Old December 2nd, 2007, 07:20 PM posted to alt.atheism, alt.anarchism, rec.travel.air, soc.culture.nordic,alt.bible
unglued

On 30 Nov, 16:59, Bert Hyman wrote:
(Mark K. Bilbo) wrote :

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 05:20:50 +0000, Craig Welch wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/2bhepg

Funny, that article says essentially nothing is going on either
way.

"Scandic's decision has not generated any debate on the general
idea of placing copies of The Bible in hotel rooms."

In Finland.

So where's all this "public outrage" and stuff?

In Sweden. Last summer.

http://www.forward.com/articles/1124...ove-all-bibles...

... etc.

"Public outrage" conveys the impression of spontaneous and vociferous
discontent among the general population.
What actually occured was a religious fundamentalist group with
money,threatening to organise a boycott of the hotel chain unless the
bibles were put back again. The hotel chain, with nothing to win and
and possibly some money to lose, chose, in the normal Swedish non-
confrontational manner, to put the bibles back. End of story.
It doesn't really signify anything and passed under the public news
radar without a trace.

In California. Last spring.

http://www.hotelchatter.com/tag/Hotel%20Religion

--