AA Ticket Problems!! Need your suggestions

Old March 25th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Rajesh

Default AA Ticket Problems!! Need your suggestions

Hi,

I am flying from FRA-SFO by AA in april. I booked my ticket through a
travel agent and later i came to know that my ticket was cancelled (
after issuing) by the travel agent. The travel agent reinstated my
ticket back on the same flight after a few days. But last week, they
cancelled it again and this time my travel agent ignored to help me as
they said that there was a problem with AA and they have to rectify.
AA reservations in FRA told me that they cannot reinstate unless the
travel agent calls them but they never called the airline and with
great difficulty i spoke with AA sales and the supervisor decided to
reinstate my tickets but on different schedules( but on the same day).
I was suppose to fly via DFW and now i fly via ORD and i arrive very
late night in SFO. I wanted to fly via DFW beacuse of B777 and i
booked a seat where i have a power connection. Now, nothing is
available on my new plane

I was told by AA that i will be reissued a new ticket in the airport.
Now, i made a complaint on AA to Dublin as they cannot carry me on the
booked flight. So, should i go to the airport and still insist that
they have to take me in the earlier flight or ask for a
compensation??. Anyway, it is not my fault as i hold a ticket with me
for a flight Via Dallas..

I also want to ask if only 45 minutes is enough to take my connecting
flight back to FRA in ORD

Waiting for your reply

Regards
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
(Rajesh) wrote:

[...]

Doubt if you have any leg to stand on really. Looks like the travel
agent may be at fault (personally, I would have told you to boo throughh
AA.com)

I also want to ask if only 45 minutes is enough to take my connecting
flight back to FRA in ORD

doubt it
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:15 PM
mtravelkay

Rajesh wrote:

I was told by AA that i will be reissued a new ticket in the airport.
Now, i made a complaint on AA to Dublin as they cannot carry me on the
booked flight. So, should i go to the airport and still insist that
they have to take me in the earlier flight or ask for a
compensation??. Anyway, it is not my fault as i hold a ticket with me
for a flight Via Dallas..

Correct, it doesn't sound like it is your fault. It also doesn't sound
like it is AA's fault. It sounds like the travel agent is at fault.
Why is your travel agent canceling the tickets? If TA ticket, it isn't
AA's fault that you lost your reservation for the earlier flight.

I also want to ask if only 45 minutes is enough to take my connecting
flight back to FRA in ORD

It is possible, but I would not have booked it that way.

Old March 25th, 2004, 05:31 PM
AJC

On 25 Mar 2004 07:04:49 -0800,
(Rajesh) wrote:

Hi,

I am flying from FRA-SFO by AA in april. I booked my ticket through a
travel agent

Stop there. Sorry to say that was your big mistake, bringing a third
party in to it. If your travel agent is ignoring you when there is a
problem with a booking you made with that travel agent, then you need
to take that higher, to whatever trade organization or official body
regulates travel agents in Germany. Anything AA does for you directly
is as a favour, so I wouldn't complain too much to them if you want
their help. If your travel agent has done something to your booking
then you can't expect AA to do anything about it, you can only ask,
and hope they are sympathetic. The moral of the story is avoid travel
agents wherever possible, that way you have more control over your own
booking.

[...]

--==++AJC++==--
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Ulf Kutzner

Rajesh schrieb:

I am flying from FRA-SFO by AA in april. I booked my ticket through a
travel agent

Where?

and later i came to know that my ticket was cancelled (
after issuing) by the travel agent.

On which reason?

[...]

You have "OK" kooing status on the ticket? So, you might ask for
overbooking compensation.

Regards, ULF
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Dick Locke

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:31:50 +0100, AJC wrote:

your travel agent

It's very much an open question in my mind (and others on this board)
as to whom the travel agent represents. I think that since TAs sign an
agency agreement with the airline, they are agents of the airline and
hence the airline bears some responsibility for their misbehavior.

I've only tested this theory once and it worked....when an airline
said "my agent" created a problem, I immediately said "not my agent,
it's your agent" and the problem went away.
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:25 PM
mtravelkay

Dick Locke wrote:

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 17:31:50 +0100, AJC wrote:

your travel agent

It's very much an open question in my mind (and others on this board)
as to whom the travel agent represents. I think that since TAs sign an
agency agreement with the airline, they are agents of the airline and
hence the airline bears some responsibility for their misbehavior.

I've only tested this theory once and it worked....when an airline
said "my agent" created a problem, I immediately said "not my agent,
it's your agent" and the problem went away.

Has this changed since with the commissions going away? Now, don't
people pay their agents?

Old March 25th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Olivers

(Rajesh) wrote:

Hi,

I am flying from FRA-SFO by AA in april. I booked my ticket through a
travel agent and later i came to know that my ticket was cancelled (
after issuing) by the travel agent. (snip-ped, vast woeful recitation
of extensive BABTA ("Buggered About by Travel Agent").

Throw a gumball machine thru his office window.

Torment his relatives, especially his little children.

Leave messages on his answering machine pretending to be underage internet
acquaintance promised lavis entertainment in exchange for unmamed favors.

Arrange for deliveries of large dump truck of still warm sheep manure to
his front lawn.

Have a few cubic yards of Ready Mix deposited in his vintage covertible.

None of these will recoup your losses in time and convenience, but may
cause him such discomfort as to make him surrender his license and become a
debt collector for a Bolivian small loan company.

TMO
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Frank F. Matthews

I wonder if the agent involved has any industry association memberships
and if the associations mean anything? FFM

Hilary wrote:

If your travel agent has done something to your booking
then you can't expect AA to do anything about it, you can only ask,
and hope they are sympathetic. The moral of the story is avoid travel
agents wherever possible, that way you have more control over your own
booking.

Why are travel agents allowed to cancel bookings without having the
ticket presented by the passenger for this purpose in the office?

It *is* possible to cancel a reservation by mistake (thinking you've
exited and are in another booking). Doing it once is a big mistake, but
it happens - as they resolved the situation by getting the booking
reinstated, that's a mitigating factor.

Doing it AGAIN and then leaving it to the passenger to sort it out?
Unforgiveable.

Hilary