MSC Opera Review (GGC2006)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 21st, 2006, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default MSC Opera Review (GGC2006)

Ermalee McCauley wrote:
"Sue and Kevin Mullen" wrote in message
I like Baked Alaska, but this trip I could not eat it. Also we were done
with our dinner for about 45 minutes and were still waiting for the parade,
that is why we all walked.

sue

I'd love to walk, any time I see baked alaska heading my way. But I must
say the way they did it on the MSC Opera was impressive. Still, I didn't
eat it!
Ermalee

It has actually been a long time since I have seen a Baked Alasak
Parade.
Someone mentioned that on some ships there have been problems with
setting off the fire sprinklers with the baked alaska parade.

Also, looking back at photos of some of the ships, sometimes the
waiters carried the baked alaskas on their heads. I am not sure how
sanitary this was. On MSC, they did carry the baked alaskas in their
hands, and not on their heads. They also kept moving fairly quickly so
as not to set off the fire sprinkler system, and once stopped put out
the flames really quickly.

roland