FS: Three Month Unlimited Travel Eurail Pass Validated May 27th

Old June 11th, 2004, 04:38 AM
Shaun Johnson

Default FS: Three Month Unlimited Travel Eurail Pass Validated May 27th

Hi All,

I just got back from a round-the-world trip. I was expecting to be
out for six months, but was only out four instead. I did my first
month in Australia, the second in Asia (Japan, China, Singapore and
Thailand), and the last two in Europe. I bought two Eurail passes for
Europe, one One Month Unlimited and one Three Month Unlimited.

I validated the Three Month Unlimited May 27th and am now back in the
States. Hence, it has more than two months left! If you're
interested, send me an email with a serious offer.

On my two month travel around Europe I went from
Helsinki-Stockholm-Copenhagen-Amsterdam-Berlin-Prague-Munich-Venice-Milan-Rome-Athens-Barcelona.
Then, through Ireland and from Brussels to Paris. Needless to say, I
know alot about Eurail travel and can give you excellent tips. Note
above that I was required to buy a ticket from the German/Czech border
to Prague and back as Czech is not covered by the pass. Also, to get
from Rome to Athens I went from Bari to Patras with Blue Star and then
railed into Athens.

Also, technically these passes can not be transferred. But, the
tickets themselves are never inspected, the officer will just look at
the validation date. No worries, Shaun
Old June 11th, 2004, 12:33 PM
John Bermont

Shaun Johnson wrote:
Hi All,

[...]

Shaun,
It looks like you've had quite an adventure. It's a pity that you
couldn't have finished the second Eurailpass. My experience with
Eurailpass is that the conductors never ask to see your passport, except
in Holland and they almost always ask in Holland. My pages at
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/hte/chap17/rail.htm would probably be of
interest to you. I would appreciate any comments.
John Bermont
* * * Mastering Independent Budget Travel * * *
http://www.enjoy-europe.com/

Old June 11th, 2004, 09:06 PM
deepblue

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:33:28 GMT, John Bermont
wrote:

My experience with
Eurailpass is that the conductors never ask to see your passport, except
in Holland and they almost always ask in Holland.

Whoa, don't believe it. I've been asked throughout Europe during 20
yrs of using these passes. Peopl unfamiliar with the pass or new will
almost always ask. And if you're caught using someone else's pass,
that's trouble.

Old June 12th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Phil Richards

On 10 Jun 2004 20:38:30 -0700 Shaun Johnson said...

I validated the Three Month Unlimited May 27th and am now back in the
States. Hence, it has more than two months left! If you're
interested, send me an email with a serious offer.

I wouldn't if I were you. It'll be in breach of the conditions of use of
the ticket and may result in confiscation or prosecution.

--
Phil Richards
London, UK
Old June 13th, 2004, 09:41 AM
st

wrote:

My experience with
Eurailpass is that the conductors never ask to see your passport, except
in Holland and they almost always ask in Holland.

Whoa, don't believe it. I've been asked throughout Europe during 20
yrs of using these passes. Peopl unfamiliar with the pass or new will
almost always ask. And if you're caught using someone else's pass,
that's trouble.

I got checked once with a three month pass that was used probably 40
times. I don't even recall where it was - perhaps France.
Old June 13th, 2004, 09:41 AM
st

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:38:22 +0100, Phil Richards
wrote:

On 10 Jun 2004 20:38:30 -0700 Shaun Johnson said...

I validated the Three Month Unlimited May 27th and am now back in the
States. Hence, it has more than two months left! If you're
interested, send me an email with a serious offer.

I wouldn't if I were you. It'll be in breach of the conditions of use of
the ticket and may result in confiscation or prosecution.

I'd risk it if the price is right. They never check passports. Often
they didn't even check the validation dates - the conductors almost
always don't care, even with my suspect pass (my pass was validated in
Athens, which was trouble. They wrote the wrong date on it and
scribbled it all out. Idiot Greeks!)....

Sometimes they were a little more stringent than others, but rarely.
Old June 14th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Joseph Feng

wrote:

My experience with
Eurailpass is that the conductors never ask to see your passport, except
in Holland and they almost always ask in Holland.

Whoa, don't believe it. I've been asked throughout Europe during 20
yrs of using these passes. Peopl unfamiliar with the pass or new will
almost always ask. And if you're caught using someone else's pass,
that's trouble.

I got checked once with a three month pass that was used probably 40
times. I don't even recall where it was - perhaps France.

When I took overnight and international trains(Nice Ville to Roma
Termini and Venezia Santa Lucia to Paris Bercy), both conductors took
my passport and Rail Pass in the evening and then returned them the
next morning.