Yet another use for duct tape

Old July 15th, 2004, 01:51 AM
ivy_mike

Default Yet another use for duct tape

Every hangar should have some...

http://www.airfleets.net/show/?pic=254

--
Regards, IM
Old July 15th, 2004, 05:34 AM

Default Yet another use for duct tape. BEST USE IS TO PUT OVER YOURMOUTH

Old July 15th, 2004, 05:34 AM

Old July 17th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Dave C.

"ivy_mike" wrote in message
om...
Every hangar should have some...

http://www.airfleets.net/show/?pic=254

--
Regards, IM

Where's the duct tape? The picture linked shows an airplane with a really
BAD paint job. -Dave

Old July 17th, 2004, 09:28 PM
ameijers

"Dave C." wrote in message

"ivy_mike" wrote in message
om...
Every hangar should have some...

http://www.airfleets.net/show/?pic=254

--
Regards, IM

Where's the duct tape? The picture linked shows an airplane with a really
BAD paint job. -Dave

More like lack of a paint job. Looks like the plane just had a major
overhaul, and they replaced some skin panels. The ones with the green look
like factory parts, with the protective coating, and the silver ones look
field fabricated, or from a boneyard. Gives one a warm fuzzy about flying on
ma'n'pa airlines, no? Planes like that are why airframe mechanics have to be
certified, and sign their work.

aem sends....

Old July 17th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Ron Hammon

ameijers wrote:

"Dave C." wrote in message

snip

Where's the duct tape? The picture linked shows an airplane with a really
BAD paint job. -Dave

More like lack of a paint job.

snip

Planes like that are why airframe mechanics have to be
certified, and sign their work.

Jeez. Why are y'all so uptight about PAINT?

--
Ron Hammon
Remove the "y" from ".nyet", when present, to reach me.

Old July 18th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Billzz

"ameijers" wrote in message

"Dave C." wrote in message

"ivy_mike" wrote in message
om...
Every hangar should have some...

http://www.airfleets.net/show/?pic=254

--
Regards, IM

Where's the duct tape? The picture linked shows an airplane with a

really
BAD paint job. -Dave

More like lack of a paint job. Looks like the plane just had a major
overhaul, and they replaced some skin panels. The ones with the green look
like factory parts, with the protective coating, and the silver ones look
field fabricated, or from a boneyard. Gives one a warm fuzzy about flying

on
ma'n'pa airlines, no? Planes like that are why airframe mechanics have to

be
certified, and sign their work.

aem sends....

Yup, oddly enough it does *look* like duct tape. Back in the fifties, what
we now call duct tape was called "Missile Tape" by crews mating warheads to
rocket motors. The last thing done was tape around the mating and all
access doors. We all wondered how it could stand the acelleration, speed,
and distance, but none was ever found on the ground after the launch so it
was tough stuff. I don't have to tell you that many a roll was "liberated"
for other purposes and I think that's how it migrated to becoming duct tape.