May long weekend in Munich

Old April 21st, 2005, 08:02 AM
Dan

Default May long weekend in Munich

Hi.

Heading to Munich for the May day long weekend.

Any suggestions on what's on that weekend? What to see?

TIA.

--
I practice the art of creative spelling!

remove 'z' in address for reply
Old April 21st, 2005, 08:17 AM
Tim Challenger

On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:02:34 GMT, Dan wrote:

Hi.

Heading to Munich for the May day long weekend.

Any suggestions on what's on that weekend? What to see?

There'll be the raising of the Maypole in the Viktualienmarkt, finishing by
midday on the 1st. May.

--
Tim C.
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:08 AM
Jens Arne Maennig

Dan wrote:

Heading to Munich for the May day long weekend.

How exciting.

Any suggestions on what's on that weekend? What to see?

Airport and S-Bahn are must-sees if you arrive by aircraft, central
station if you arrive by train and traffic jams if you arrive by car.

After about 1,000 long weekends in Munich, I also still wonder what to
see and do. The specials for May day are listed at
http://www.muenchen.de/Stadtleben/Sp...370/index.html
(needs a little understanding of German). Lots of information in
English is gathered at http://www.munichfound.de.

Frühlingsfest at Theresienwiese
(http://www.muenchner-volksfeste.de/FF.htm) will still be on and the
gardening show (http://www.buga05.de)will have started as well. The
rest will be as usual.

When in Munich, do like the locals do: Rent a bicycle and do a nice tour
of some beergarden. At least if the weather is okay.

Jens
--
POTIVS AMICVM QVAM DICTVM PERDERE
Old April 21st, 2005, 12:59 PM
Tomas

Hi.

Heading to Munich for the May day long weekend.

Any suggestions on what's on that weekend? What to see?

To do everything in Munich would take several Months.
Tell us what you are interested in and we may be able to offer some
suggestions.

Old April 21st, 2005, 05:39 PM
george

nitram wrote:
I wonder if my wife would be interested in the Garden Show clicks on
Fr=FChlingsfest details

Stuttgart's Fr=FChlingfest is on at present until May 8. It's probably
less than half the size of the Canstatter Wasen in fall, but we enjoyed
a few hours there in the French Village section last Sunday as my wife
prefers French food and wine. Cheap flights on German Wings.

George

Old April 21st, 2005, 09:09 PM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
news:1114067828.da9ae3f730365c3fd520881093c35f98@t eranews...
On Thu, 21 Apr 2005 07:02:34 GMT, Dan wrote:

Hi.

Heading to Munich for the May day long weekend.

Any suggestions on what's on that weekend? What to see?

There'll be the raising of the Maypole in the Viktualienmarkt,

wow.

finishing by
midday on the 1st. May.

when does it start 11:55?

tim

Old April 23rd, 2005, 06:45 PM
erilar

In article , "Tomas"
wrote:

Hi.

Heading to Munich for the May day long weekend.

Any suggestions on what's on that weekend? What to see?

To do everything in Munich would take several Months.
Tell us what you are interested in and we may be able to offer some
suggestions.

I was having similar thoughts 8-)

--
Mary Loomer Oliver (aka Erilar)

You can't reason with someone whose first line of argument
is that reason doesn't count. Isaac Asimov

Erilar's Cave Annex: http://www.airstreamcomm.net/~erilarlo