Safer at sea than on land

Old March 9th, 2006, 06:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Safer at sea than on land

"John Sisker" wrote in message
k.net...
To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well. If this is somehow a repeat of an
earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can always be ignored or deleted.

In the wake of the US Congress looking into cruise industry safety,
officials released data showing risks from crime are extremely low.

According to data based on 15 cruise lines, from 2003-2005, there were 178
complaints of sexual assault, four robberies and 24 missing persons in
that time, said the International Council of Cruise Lines (ICCL). During
that time, the 15 cruise lines carried 31 million passengers.

Said criminologist James Fox, hired as an independent expert to review the
data which was also provided to Congress:

"While virtually no place -- on land or sea -- is totally free of
risk, the number of reported incidents of serious crime from cruise lines
is extremely low, no matter what benchmark or standard is used."

Michael Cyre, president of the ICCL, termed cruising one of the safest
vacations available.

Give some comparisons please. Compare cruising crimes from 2003-2005 to
Disney World or Las Vegas during the same time period. Or compare 31
million passengers with 31 million customers at Disney World or 31 million
visitors to Las Vegas. The cruise lines admit they are in direct
competition with Vegas and Disney. So lets see some number comparisons for
all three.

Old March 9th, 2006, 03:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Charles wrote:

Ray has been posting info in a timely manner for years. Besides the
info posts, Ray has made intelligent contributions to the discussions.
Ray is not a meathead. I'll stick with Ray.

Ray does contribute but I also remember he googled someone to dig up
their background just because that person's view is diff from him.

If you don't want to read their posts use your kill file.

Best advice.
Old March 11th, 2006, 01:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Chrissy Cruiser,

Even though certainly not a new statement, this does pretty much sum up the
situation. This newsgroup is neither monitored nor censored, yet there are
apparently some who seem to take on this task themselves anyway, simply
because others may not agree with them. I learned long ago from the comments
of a few, it's not so much what is said and when, it is who is actually
saying it. Yet, they should really not complain all that much; this simply
gives them the opportunity to continue with their free advertising, but of
course simply hidden under a cloak of getting facts and figures straight for
the general public. Yea, sure!

Some of the information showing up within this newsgroup is indeed based on
fact, but much more is simply personal opinions. Then even these opinions
simply turn into name calling and innuendos at times. However, any post I
occasionally include here is mainly for the general public anyway, which is
then free to add to, ignore and/or delete. Yet, even the general public has
quickly learned that those who perceive themselves as the authority on just
about everything in regards to cruising, will certainly have an opinion on
just about everything, and try to belittle those that are in disagreement
with them.

Let's face it, for the most part the general public is seeking reliable
information, without insults and four-letter words, elsewhere, instead of
having to face a bombardment of reactions totally off the original subject,
simply because some agents are into oneupmanship. Personally, I could care
less what any agent personally thinks about me personally, unless of course
this can be viewed as constrictive criticism, and he/she is professional
enough to present the information in an intelligent manor. If I can just
help one person with a genuine question, that is my goal.

Now, of course, there is already a following of fellow cruisers, who are
generally loyal to one agency or another for whatever reason. This is all
well and good to have someone ready to defend the action of any agent or
agency no matter what they say. That is not the real issue here.

Chrissy Cruiser, I will indeed "Post On." I was also a local politician for
long
enough to know when others have nothing constructive to say themselves, they
quickly resort to name calling and trying to undermine the competition.
Intimation and harassment is certainly not going to stop me.

Thanks again Chrissy Cruiser.

John Sisker
SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at
(800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
http://www.shiptoshorecruise.com

LOL

You're screwed no matter which way you turn. Some around here will
secretly
detest you b/c you are hording in on Ray Spammerberg's Home For Free
Advertising.

Others will detest you since I forecasted a long time back of your Coming,
and more like you, who walk the fence of newsgroup etiquette and the
beloved Charter which isn't worth the paper it isn't written on.

At least you appear to have a shred of decency and understand that
whatever
value you, me or others perceive of your postings, in your heart,
certainly
in mine, it's a gimmick that ends up being, drum roll completely free,
international marketing.

I say "Post On, Sir" and the following tides of Siskers as well. As long
as
you, as Googleberg refused to ever admit, that you do this not for the
pleasures of the cruiser but, at the end of the day, for your bottom line.
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html

Old March 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article . net, John
Sisker wrote:

Thanks again Chrissy Cruiser.

Hilarious. He fell for it and gives thanks to a sociopath troll.
Chrissy must really be desperate for a buddy.

Great job you are doing Sisker---in confirming our negative opinion of
you.

--
Charles
Old March 11th, 2006, 07:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:59:24 GMT, John Sisker wrote:

Chrissy Cruiser,

Even though certainly not a new statement, this does pretty much sum up the
situation. This newsgroup is neither monitored nor censored, yet there are
apparently some who seem to take on this task themselves anyway, simply
because others may not agree with them. I learned long ago from the comments
of a few, it's not so much what is said and when, it is who is actually
saying it. Yet, they should really not complain all that much; this simply
gives them the opportunity to continue with their free advertising, but of
course simply hidden under a cloak of getting facts and figures straight for
the general public. Yea, sure!

Do enjoy, John, as they flop about like fish in a boat and bleat their
beatitudes of self-righteousness. It's quite a show, only on Usenet.

Some of the information showing up within this newsgroup is indeed based on
fact, but much more is simply personal opinions. Then even these opinions
simply turn into name calling and innuendos at times. However, any post I
occasionally include here is mainly for the general public anyway, which is
then free to add to, ignore and/or delete. Yet, even the general public has
quickly learned that those who perceive themselves as the authority on just
about everything in regards to cruising, will certainly have an opinion on
just about everything, and try to belittle those that are in disagreement
with them.

Let me introduce to you one of the most famous of acronyms on RTC. EOTB =
Eye Of The Beholder. Next to the almost-never-ending thread of "Free For
43", it's a classic. I bequeath it to you.

Let's face it, for the most part the general public is seeking reliable
information, without insults and four-letter words, elsewhere, instead of
having to face a bombardment of reactions totally off the original subject,
simply because some agents are into oneupmanship. Personally, I could care
less what any agent personally thinks about me personally, unless of course
this can be viewed as constrictive criticism, and he/she is professional
enough to present the information in an intelligent manor. If I can just
help one person with a genuine question, that is my goal.

John, these ingrown (like toenails) critics here, the hypocrites, live in
the Light Of Now.

Usenet is actually about archival data, what you or I or anyone else
presents in form of discussion or argument is a fleeting moment in Now
time.

Do as you please, Google will be happy to take any content.

Now, of course, there is already a following of fellow cruisers, who are
generally loyal to one agency or another for whatever reason. This is all
well and good to have someone ready to defend the action of any agent or
agency no matter what they say. That is not the real issue here.

You have been introduced to The Girl's Club tailed closely by The Girl's
Club Sniffers. Not to worry, most of them are half dead or died inside a
long time ago anyway.

Chrissy Cruiser, I will indeed "Post On." I was also a local politician for
long
enough to know when others have nothing constructive to say themselves, they
quickly resort to name calling and trying to undermine the competition.
Intimation and harassment is certainly not going to stop me.

Thanks again Chrissy Cruiser.

John Sisker
SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at
(800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
http://www.shiptoshorecruise.com

I always said that when folks like you came, the result of the Ray
Googleberg's and Clan Of Support, that the screaming would be heard on Mt.
Olive.

Apparently what is good for the Googleberg is not good for your gander.

Enjoy your stay, John, I hope it is a long one. It's exactly what they
deserve. LOL
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html
Old March 11th, 2006, 07:54 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:39:20 -0500, Charles wrote:

Thanks again Chrissy Cruiser.

Hilarious. He fell for it and gives thanks to a sociopath troll.
Chrissy must really be desperate for a buddy.

Great job you are doing Sisker---in confirming our negative opinion of
you.

John, meet Chuckie. Chuckie, as you will soon find out, is one of the
Leaders Of The Girl's Club Sniffers.

He's also one of the most boring ppl to ever grace the planet. He'll be
happy to debate, endlessly, about who has better butter, Carnival or RCL.

rolling eyes
--
http://www.punkvoter.com/anim/anim-idiot.html