Hotels in Rome: Napoleon, Palladium Palace, other?

Old January 15th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Karen Gonzalez

Default Hotels in Rome: Napoleon, Palladium Palace, other?

Hi,
My husband and I are visiting Rome for 3 nights in March. These
hotels, Napoleon and Palladium Palace, seem to be a good deal
(Napoleon for 130EUR, Palladium for 101EUR). Any recommendations? This
will be our first time in Rome. We prefer not to spend more than
130EUR/night.
Thanks,
Karen
Old January 15th, 2004, 04:49 PM
[ B r a q u e ]

They both look good to me
The "Napoleon" one has a ADSL line 24h/24 for all its guests... that's not
bad... )

If you're still searching I suggest you go he
http://www.romaturismo.it/v2/en/main.asp

It's the tourism office of Rome where you can find lots of info on Rome
(events and things to see) as well as all the accomodations availabe in
Rome...

Bon Voyage!
Braque

om...

Old January 15th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Ken Blake

In om,
Karen Gonzalez typed:

My husband and I are visiting Rome for 3 nights in March. These
hotels, Napoleon and Palladium Palace, seem to be a good deal
(Napoleon for 130EUR, Palladium for 101EUR). Any

recommendations? This
will be our first time in Rome. We prefer not to spend more

than
130EUR/night.

I know neither hotel, but can comment on their location. Neither
is what I would consider ideally located, but to me, the location
of the Napoleon is much more convenient than the Palladium
Palace.

If you want other recommendations, look at the Hotel Arenula, and
the San Pantaleo. I've stayed at and liked both. They are both in
your price range, and although not luxurious, they are
comfortable, quiet (not always easy to find in Rome), and their
locations are close to ideal.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old January 16th, 2004, 12:38 AM
Poetic Justice

Karen Gonzalez wrote:

My husband and I are visiting Rome for 3
nights in March. These hotels, Napoleon
and Palladium Palace, seem to be a good
deal (Napoleon for 130EUR, Palladium for
101EUR). Any recommendations?

The Palladium is ~3 blocks from Termini which is a major bus hub and
both metro lines cross. This makes getting around and back fairly easy.
The Napoleon does have metro A line across the street and 2 bus lines
(70 & 71) ~3 blocks away which will get you in the historic center.
I have stayed within a couple of blocks of the Palladium on 6 trips and
booked the 7th today for March.
The Napoleon is located at Piazza Vittorio Emanuele which is a seedy
area IMO and I stay near Termini.
A hotel close to the Palladium which I have stayed at twice and if
their rates are ~ the same I'll book it again is the Hotel Kennedy, a
very decent 3* hotel. www.hotelkennedy.net
Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...

Old January 16th, 2004, 01:23 AM
devil

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 19:38:59 -0500, Poetic Justice wrote:

Karen Gonzalez wrote:

[...]

I recently stayed at the Celio, close to the Colosseum. Tiny rooms, small
hotel, but very quiet. Interesting breakfast area, in a tent.

Italian colleagues seem to normally stay there when visiting La Sapienzia.