London Tube - More Questions

Old January 28th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Alan Harrison

Default London Tube - More Questions

"Ian" wrote in message
I'm travelling from Brussels on the train and arriving at Waterloo
Station in the evening. I'll be travelling from Waterloo to Regent
Street tube stop since my hotel is apparently close to that station.
That should be the only trip I make that night.

Single tube ticket for that night. By the way, there's no "Regent Steet"
tube station. Do you mean Regent's Park?

I then have two full days in London and want to cram in as many of the
typical tourist sights as possible (Tower, Westminster, Buckingham
Palace, Eye, etc) and hit some pubs in the evening

If the days are a Saturday and Sunday, get a weekend travelcard, otherwise
two one-day travelcards. Bear in mind though that most of the sites you
mention (except the Tower) are within twenty minutes' walk of one another.

Alan Harrison

Old January 28th, 2004, 10:58 AM
newsgroup_account

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:07:04 +0000 (UTC), "Alan Harrison"
wrote:

"Ian" wrote in message
.. .
I'm travelling from Brussels on the train and arriving at Waterloo
Station in the evening. I'll be travelling from Waterloo to Regent
Street tube stop since my hotel is apparently close to that station.
That should be the only trip I make that night.

Single tube ticket for that night. By the way, there's no "Regent Steet"
tube station. Do you mean Regent's Park?

I then have two full days in London and want to cram in as many of the
typical tourist sights as possible (Tower, Westminster, Buckingham
Palace, Eye, etc) and hit some pubs in the evening

If the days are a Saturday and Sunday, get a weekend travelcard, otherwise
two one-day travelcards. Bear in mind though that most of the sites you
mention (except the Tower) are within twenty minutes' walk of one another.

Alan Harrison

Alan's advice is good. In addition, you might want to take a look at
the zone map of London, in case anything you want to see takes you
outside zones 1&2 (although this is unlikely, as almost everything
you'd want to see is in zone 1):

http://www.transportforlondon.gov.uk/tfl/tube_map.shtml

--------------------------
Visit Backpacker's Bulletin Board
www.chatarea.com/backpackers
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:36 PM
happenstance

"Alan Harrison" wrote in message

If the days are a Saturday and Sunday, get a weekend travelcard, otherwise
two one-day travelcards.

I concur with this advice. If you're traveling on the weekend, your total
cost for two single fares and a weekend travelcard should be 10.40 pounds
(vs. 12.60 pounds if you're traveling during the week and use two one-day
travelcards.)