DIY civil wedding in Italy

Old May 7th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Atticus

Default DIY civil wedding in Italy

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. We will be going to Italy for a
two week break and thought we would just get married as cant be bothered
with a big wedding and also thought it might be a bit romantic (if not
hectic). I have done the research and know that I need to get hold of
the Nulla Osta. But after that Im stuck. Need two witnesses and an
interpreter - thinking of having ceremony in Florence - the place in
Rome that I fancied is fully booked (Campodoglio). We are going in
September.

If any one has any info advice, then all would be gratefully
appreciated.

regards

atticus

Old May 7th, 2004, 04:35 PM
B Vaughan

On Fri, 07 May 2004 12:51:28 +0000, Atticus
wrote:

I wonder if anyone can help me. We will be going to Italy for a
two week break and thought we would just get married as cant be bothered
with a big wedding and also thought it might be a bit romantic (if not
hectic). I have done the research and know that I need to get hold of
the Nulla Osta. But after that Im stuck. Need two witnesses and an
interpreter - thinking of having ceremony in Florence - the place in
Rome that I fancied is fully booked (Campodoglio). We are going in
September.

Don't underestimate the trouble it will be to get that Nulla Osta.

If any one has any info advice, then all would be gratefully
appreciated.

regards

atticus

-----------
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Luca Logi

Atticus wrote:

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me. We will be going to Italy for a
two week break and thought we would just get married as cant be bothered
with a big wedding and also thought it might be a bit romantic (if not
hectic). I have done the research and know that I need to get hold of
the Nulla Osta. But after that Im stuck. Need two witnesses and an
interpreter - thinking of having ceremony in Florence - the place in
Rome that I fancied is fully booked (Campodoglio). We are going in
September.

If any one has any info advice, then all would be gratefully
appreciated.

My personal advice is: get married where you are, and have a trip to
Italy to celebrate. It will be infinitely simpler.

However, if you want to have an idea of what you need, start from:
http://www.italyemb.org/marriage.htm

Read very carefully, as if a single paper is missing you are back to the
beginning.

For foreigner marrying in Florence, the procedure is explained at
http://www.comune.firenze.it/servizi...e/mastrnor.htm
http://www.comune.firenze.it/servizi...ilmarriagefore
igners.htm
http://www.comune.firenze.it/servizi...vilmarriageusa.
htm

As Barbara adviced, do not underestimate time and difficulties for
getting the Nulla Osta.

--
Luca Logi - Firenze - Italy e-mail:
Home page:
Old May 8th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Thomas Peel

Luca Logi schrieb:

Atticus wrote:

[...]

-and the Apostilla. I never even knew what this was until I tried to get
one (more exactly several, one for each school certificate for my
daughter - nothing to do with marriage BTW), and boy, I wish had never
ever had to know.
T.