Cabin noise on Crystal Harmony??

Old August 1st, 2004, 04:00 PM
Fred

Default Cabin noise on Crystal Harmony??

Am considering booking a Cat. G or F cabin on the Harmony. The deck
plans show that the G (interior) cabins are directly under the Galaxy
Lounge and dance floor. Do these cabins get noise from above? Also,
the G cabins are in the forward-most part of the ship. Are they
affected by anchor-chain noise when the ship drops anchor? Also, how
much pitch does the Harmony get in the Caribbean?

Thanks in advance.

Fred
Old August 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
Peter Berlin

Fred,
The Harmony is not known as a noisy ship. I have never had
any complaints about ceiling noise. Also, quite often,
those booked in the inside cabins are often upgraded to
outside cabins when available. Lecturing talent and other
non paid "special staffers" are often given those inside cabins.

The anchor chain makes some noise, but only at port where
there is no dock provision.

As far as sailing comfort goes, the Harmony is a very sea
worthy ship and has excellent manners in poor conditions.

Hope this helps.

Peter

--
Peter Berlin
Peter Berlin's Travel Center http://peterberlin.com

Old August 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM

"Fred" wrote in message
om...
Am considering booking a Cat. G or F cabin on the Harmony. The deck
plans show that the G (interior) cabins are directly under the

Galaxy
Lounge and dance floor. Do these cabins get noise from above? Also,
the G cabins are in the forward-most part of the ship. Are they
affected by anchor-chain noise when the ship drops anchor? Also, how
much pitch does the Harmony get in the Caribbean?

Thanks in advance.

Fred

On our last cruise on the Harmony we met a couple who used to always
book a penthouse. They decided that they would rather grab TWO
adjoining interior cabins. They had done this for several cruises and
were quite happy. Very little noise (so they told me) from the next
deck up (or anywhere else).

The forward outside cabins (the ones with the portholes) are very well
laid out and a bit more spacious than the more expensive ones slightly
more midship with windows.

The anchor does, of course, make some noise. But, heck, aren't you
awake at 6 a.m. anyway?

I've never sailed her in the Caribbean, but we have been her in some
rather high seas and neither of us have never had any complaints about
pitch or roll.

Paul

Old August 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM
BNelson

We were in outside cabin 7112 on Promenade Deck and could hear music from
the Club 2100 Lounge
below us

Bryan