London Victoria to Euston Station by Taxi

Old September 14th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Jeremy

Default London Victoria to Euston Station by Taxi

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone help me? I'm attending a course held in London at the end
of the month and will need to travel from Victoria to Euston station
in the morning and then the reverse journey at the end of the day. I
don't enjoy travelling by tube or by bus so by Taxi is my only option.

What I wanted to know was how long would this journey take in the
morning and the evening and how much would you think the cost will be?
I need to be at Euston by 08:30 in the morning and then leave there at
around 16:30.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy
Old September 18th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Trekgloria

I needed to use the taxi from Victoria to Euston, as I was meeting a freind
with luggage and going to our hotel just across from Esuton Station, this past
Aug. Cost, not in rush hour traffic was about 10 pounds. Worth it as we are 2
females, 50, and handling luggage on escalators just wasn't something we wanted
to do. BUT, make sure you know which street you are going to in the Euston
area. As our cost was a bit more, since as we were heading back, both she and
I noticed "we'd been by that before" Just as I was telling him which road(s)
to get on, I finally saw our street, and said TURN HERE! So be sure when you
get in that your driver knows exactly where it is, show him the map if
necessary.
However, without luggage, I agree, use the tube. We use it constantly to
travel around when in London. It's, fast, cheap, and convenient.
Gloria
Old September 18th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Now, Gloria. You should know that to the aficionados here one doesn't
travel with more than the clothes that you can fit in a medium fanny
pack. And you don't take the tube you walk anywhere.

Old September 25th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Trekgloria

Oh dear, I really didn't know all the rules and regulations for traveling, I
swear. Funny, all those many, many, many, many, oh so many other people
doing the exact same thing that I do, they too must be in travel etiquette
oblivion... Me and big cases using transportation, Oh my...
Thanks for the info.
one doesn't travel with more than the clothes that you can fit in a medium

fanny
pack. And you don't take the tube you walk anywhere.
Gloria, still successfully getting around London, England, and the world with
suitcases...