Boeing vs Airbus: now at the WTO

Old October 8th, 2004, 01:19 AM
nobody

Default Boeing vs Airbus: now at the WTO

Good article at:
http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/10/1097182740.html

Essentially, Boeing may end up hurting itself more with this escalation since
it might result in jeoperdizing the billions of dollars of subsidies (both US
and Japanese) for its 7E7.

Analysts say that Airbus is healthy enough to self finance the A350, but said
that this tit for tat war may escalate the costs fby about 3-4 billion for
each of Boeing and Airbus. Airbus also has the option to develop a derivative
of the 330 instead of a new 350 which would reduce costs.
Old October 8th, 2004, 07:59 AM
AJC

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 20:19:50 -0400, nobody wrote:

Good article at:
http://news.airwise.com/stories/2004/10/1097182740.html

Essentially, Boeing may end up hurting itself more with this escalation since
it might result in jeoperdizing the billions of dollars of subsidies (both US
and Japanese) for its 7E7.

Analysts say that Airbus is healthy enough to self finance the A350, but said
that this tit for tat war may escalate the costs fby about 3-4 billion for
each of Boeing and Airbus. Airbus also has the option to develop a derivative
of the 330 instead of a new 350 which would reduce costs.

You have to wonder if this is actually originating from Boeing, or
from the US Government as another attempt at vote winning by Bush. For
years Boeing has whined just enough to get the sypathy vote, but not
enough for it to go any further. Now that Boeing is engaged in a
massively subsidized project, the 7E7, it seems odd they want to stir
things up now.
--==++AJC++==--
Old October 8th, 2004, 10:42 PM

On 8-Oct-2004, AJC wrote:

You have to wonder if this is actually originating from Boeing, or
from the US Government as another attempt at vote winning by Bush. For
years Boeing has whined just enough to get the sypathy vote, but not
enough for it to go any further. Now that Boeing is engaged in a
massively subsidized project, the 7E7, it seems odd they want to stir
things up now.

Please provide links to info supporting "massively subsidized project"
Old October 9th, 2004, 01:59 AM
Pete

Please provide links to info supporting "massively subsidized project"

I only had to enter "boeing japan tax breaks" in google to find this URL
http://www.cfo.com/article.cfm/32158...Finance_Inside
Note the second to last paragraph. Your bias, not to mention ignorance,
shows.

Pete

Old October 9th, 2004, 08:11 AM
AJC

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 00:59:06 GMT, "Pete" wrote:

Please provide links to info supporting "massively subsidized project"

I only had to enter "boeing japan tax breaks" in google to find this URL
http://www.cfo.com/article.cfm/32158...Finance_Inside
Note the second to last paragraph. Your bias, not to mention ignorance,
shows.

Pete

And I assumed the op was joking when he was asking for links!
--==++AJC++==--
Old October 9th, 2004, 08:32 AM
nobody

AJC wrote:
And I assumed the op was joking when he was asking for links!

Some US politician had stated that the $13 billion in repayable loans given by
the EU governments to Airbus amounted to $40 billion in subsidies. I wish I
had kept that URL. That was a classic.
Old October 9th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Gary L. Dare

I hope that this leads to a stop in every country/region
(US, EU, Canada, Brazil, etc.) pimping aircraft ...

gld

Old October 9th, 2004, 10:12 AM
AJC

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 00:36:51 -0700, "Gary L. Dare"
wrote:

I hope that this leads to a stop in every country/region
(US, EU, Canada, Brazil, etc.) pimping aircraft ...

gld

Why stop at aircraft? The US protects many of its industries, so does
the EU, and I'm sure Canada and Brazil do too.
--==++AJC++==--
Old October 9th, 2004, 10:14 AM
AJC

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 03:32:44 -0400, nobody wrote:

AJC wrote:
And I assumed the op was joking when he was asking for links!

Some US politician had stated that the $13 billion in repayable loans given by
the EU governments to Airbus amounted to $40 billion in subsidies. I wish I
had kept that URL. That was a classic.

And right now this is of course all about US politicians.